DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Lordmandeep yelling into the void at me again. Thanks for quoting him so I can see him calling for the literal end of all non franchise movies!!

But he gets his precious superhero movies. Fuck those small movies that he illegally watches. 

Just now, Darth Suburious said:

More jobs would been kept most likely since they would still need a film division. I would still be against. 

"Most likely" - you don't know that. Those big corporations can be just as evil. And you can be against it but why fight something that was an inevitability? They wanted to sell, so it was going to happen whether I wanted it to happen or not.

We don't know what's going to happen but at least they are keeping Searchlight, Hulu, etc. so far.

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

Broken down by who?  Fox isn't in Bankruptcy. They can sell their assets however they please. 

Then it should be rejected under anti trust laws and the attorney general should come back with new conditions. But that won't happen.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

And how many pricey tentpoles do studios make and bomb spectacularly each year?

Once again, your "argument" falls on deaf ears.

Most of them are by the failing studios that are getting bought or fading into irrelevance?

Just now, somebody85 said:

"Most likely" - you don't know that. Those big corporations can be just as evil. And you can be against it but why fight something that was an inevitability? They wanted to sell, so it was going to happen whether I wanted it to happen or not.

We don't know what's going to happen but at least they are keeping Searchlight, Hulu, etc. so far.

So would be okay with Disney buying Sony next? Universal buying paramount. 

1 minute ago, Darth Suburious said:

But he gets his precious superhero movies. Fuck those small movies that he illegally watches. 

The Oscars are irrelevant because he never cares about the movies nominated. It must suck having to look at the box office charts to decide what's the best of each year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Fuck this shit and the stanning for a soulless corporate bully because people like their cartoons. I ain't holding back on that, sorry. This could have devastating long term ramifications for the film and media industry and eventually the entire economy as mergers and buyouts and liquidations become larger and more prevalent. Thousands of people are going to lose their jobs because of this. The quality of product we as a consumer receive will also likely drop. And the praise and gain for a massive corporation will only encourage more companies to do this. We're headed for an America where five or six large companies own virtually everything. That's not an overreaction in my view, thats what evidence suggests. This is bad bad bad news.  Unless that's the country you want.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

So would happy any time a big company buys another company?

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Then it should be rejected under anti trust laws and the attorney general should come back with new conditions. But that won't happen.

I’m pretty sure it will. Have some faith.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

But it's not going to. So why blame Disney?

Why be upset over something you can't control. The industry is going to function how it's going to function.

I love smaller indie films and I don't see them being in much danger over this. I could see them moving to streaming services instead of being limited release which would actually be better since only certain cities get them and those screenings don't do a ton of business compared to the other stuff. 

I dunno, I've sensed the industry heading in this direction for awhile. I don't blame Disney for trying to stay alive in this landscape.

But yeah, this does open the door for more deals like this to happen regarding WB and Universal. We'll just have to see.

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

What anti trust laws are they breaking?

I'd have to look it up, but many anti trust laws from the turn of the century still cover side of business. Relevant ones may be repealed. Look, I'm not a business. I don't know if this is illegal. I'm saying it SHOULD be. That's my point. This very well could be allowed. But that doesn't mean it should.

22 minutes ago, Darth Suburious said:

But but but know we get X-men and Fantatic Four in the MCU. That is worth thousands of people loosing their jobs. 

You won't make me believe you that people losing their jobs is the main reason you're against this. It would be Comcast or a Chinese company buying these assets and nobody would complain. It's just a knee-jerk reaction against Disney.

The entertainment industry is upset by the arrival of tech giants such as Amazon, Netflix, Google, Facebook...in their business one way or another. Disney is trying to resist and adapt, this deal is about the future. A company not anticipating future trends and without ambition is doomed to decline or die. That's the right move from Disney, it's a healthy reaction.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1