DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

The main 3 that everyone has to worry about are Amazon, Apple and Google. I don't blame Disney for doing this.

I definitely expect to see Amazon make some sort of move next year. Paramount could easily go down if 20th Century Fox did.

I still think it's kind of insane that The Simpsons predicted this too.

Neither Paramount or Sony has been doing well for years.

Although there were the Big 6, it pretty much has been functioning as 4, and now 3.

Paramount couldn't even be bothered to release its film library on home video, and licensed it out to WB.

Yeah, there could be a resurgence, or another merger or takeover that makes Paramount & Sony or a new studio competitive, but otherwise, it's basically 3 studios now- and honestly, Disney is going to win every single year. It's not even a contest with the amount of brands they have bought.

Just now, Deja23 said:

Isn’t the AT&T/Time Warner deal partly horizontal integration as well? Yeah, AT&T doesn’t have a studio, but both companies are ISPs. I know that doesn’t matter much on here since this forum focuses on movies. I think there’s the possibility that with Fox somewhat out of the picture, Sony and Paramount may be able to gain bigger pieces of the pie. Not as much as Disney, Universal, or WB, but hopefully they’ll improve.

No Time warner cable is seperate from Time Warner itself the spin off happened a while ago

38 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

DQT9y8TUMAAan_B.jpg:large

I'll leave it here as there is no point in going further. This comment probably best describes the current reality 

Someone insulting people who disagree with him is automatically disqualified. Now I'm even more favorable to this deal after reading this.

Just now, BK007 said:

Neither Paramount or Sony has been doing well for years.

Although there were the Big 6, it pretty much has been functioning as 4, and now 3.

Paramount couldn't even be bothered to release its film library on home video, and licensed it out to WB.

Yeah, there could be a resurgence, or another merger or takeover that makes Paramount & Sony or a new studio competitive, but otherwise, it's basically 3 studios now- and honestly, Disney is going to win every single year. It's not even a contest with the amount of brands they have bought.

I agree but media evolves. Again, just look at Netflix and what happened to Blockbuster as an example. 

I get the doom and gloom but who really knows what the entertainment landscape will look like in a few years. It's already changed so much.

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

lol you guys are worried about Disney taking jobs from people.

Wait till Elon Musk Robotic Factories take over... 

They're not worried about jobs or lack of competition, they just hate Disney but that's not a valuable reason so they have to find something else to look legit, that's all.

Edited by Fullbuster

well guess since this is happening, it...really doesn't affect me at all :P  yes I see some of the worry and acknowledge that and it has no positives for me personally, but it does for some people so it's good for them, at least

• Like 1

Here are some of the films Fox will have in 2019

Ad Astra- Brad Pitt/Sci-fi/Filming

Spies in Disguise- Will Smith & Tom Holland/Animated

Gambit- Chanim Tatum/Pre-production

The Force- James Mangold/Crime Thriller/Pre-production 

June 7 Untitled Marvel/Fox Film- Possibly Drew Goddard X-force or Multiple Man/ Pre-production 

November 22 Untitled Marvel/Fox Film- Drew Goddard X-force or Multiple Man?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boomboom234 said:

The other studios will try to survive this which will lead to more consolidation and more and more but beyond Hollywood these are media empires sports, tv, video games. Disney in sports is now untouchable that’s bad

I'm not sure about that. NBC, CBS, and FOX all have valuable sports properties, and furthermore, the huge properties that ESPN does dominate like the NBA, they are paying through the nose for so it's not clear how much profit they are making.

Fuck this shit and the stanning for a soulless corporate bully because people like their cartoons. I ain't holding back on that, sorry. This could have devastating long term ramifications for the film and media industry and eventually the entire economy as mergers and buyouts and liquidations become larger and more prevalent. Thousands of people are going to lose their jobs because of this. The quality of product we as a consumer receive will also likely drop. And the praise and gain for a massive corporation will only encourage more companies to do this. We're headed for an America where five or six large companies own virtually everything. That's not an overreaction in my view, thats what evidence suggests. This is bad bad bad news.  Unless that's the country you want.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Fuck this shit and the stanning for a soulless corporate bully because people like their cartoons. I ain't holding back on that, sorry. This could have devastating long term ramifications for the film and media industry and eventually the entire economy as mergers and buyouts and liquidations become larger and more prevalent. Thousands of people are going to lose their jobs because of this. The quality of product we as a consumer receive will also likely drop. And the praise and gain for a massive corporation will only encourage more companies to do this. We're headed for an America where five or six large companies own virtually everything. That's not an overreaction in my view, thats what evidence suggests. This is bad bad bad news.  Unless that's the country you want.

But but but know we get X-men and Fantatic Four in the MCU. That is worth thousands of people loosing their jobs. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Here are some of the films Fox will have in 2019

Ad Astra- Brad Pitt/Sci-fi/Filming

Spies in Disguise- Will Smith & Tom Holland/Animated

Gambit- Chanim Tatum/Pre-production

The Force- James Mangold/Crime Thriller/Pre-production 

June 7 Untitled Marvel/Fox Film- Possibly Drew Goddard X-force or Multiple Man/ Pre-production 

November 22 Untitled Marvel/Fox Film- Drew Goddard X-force or Multiple Man?

I'm pretty sure Ad Astra is gonna end up getting a late 2018 qualifying release ala The Revenant, Hidden Figures, The Post before going wide in January.