DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

2 hours ago, AN9815 said:

Maybe this is an stupid question but does Disney now have total control on Fox 2018 movies? If that is the case I don't see how they will let 'Deadpool 2' open 1 week after 'Han Solo' and 2 weeks before 'Incredibles 2' which are likely to make +300M DOM 

Just as Disney moved Thor  for spidey, one of these films will move.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I don't like the AT&T/Time Warner deal either. AT&T just got Directv, that's enough for now. Yall are really sitting here trying to paint The Walt Disney Company as being victim-shamed lmao, wow.

Exactly, I'm not for the At&t deal either but that at least is vertical integration this is horizontal, if fox can not hang on how much longer do sony and paramount have  

10 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I don't like the AT&T/Time Warner deal either. AT&T just got Directv, that's enough for now. Yall are really sitting here trying to paint The Walt Disney Company as being victim-shamed lmao, wow.

I feel like the time to stop this would have been to prevent Comcast from buying Universal. Once that deal went through, I don't see how you can prevent other similar deals. The genie is already out of the bottle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

DQT9y8TUMAAan_B.jpg:large

I'll leave it here as there is no point in going further. This comment probably best describes the current reality 

Eh, no it doesn't.

This comment is spoken more from a rash reaction, and less from actual reason from the situation.  Further, there's little doubt that this deal should pass regulation, it's an actual merger, there's quite a bit on why.

Based on how Disney is treating the buyout, they obviously intend to use the franchises, and consumers will notice little difference.  Also, while it may weaken the competitiveness of the movie industry, there's a tradeoff as it will allow Disney to enter the streaming industry and heighten the competitiveness in that market.  If you're interested in streaming services, there's some benefit to it.

Overall, the deal's not going to bring the apocalypse, it doesn't even seem like it'll be a major change to the film landscape.

1 hour ago, boomboom234 said:

The other studios will try to survive this which will lead to more consolidation and more and more but beyond Hollywood these are media empires sports, tv, video games. Disney in sports is now untouchable that’s bad

But you can't stop it. It's only a matter of time before Amazon and Google jump in all this. Amazon probably has enough to buy Disney if they wanted. Netflix is already changing the game. You have to expect Disney to evolve too.

Amazon is only going to sit back and make smaller productions for so long.

16 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

If Time Warner,  world's third largest entertainment company, was the one buying Fox, o lot of people would be laughing and enjoying it here.

By the way, AT&T, largest pay-TV company in the world, is trying to buy Time Warner,  world's third largest entertainment company, And I've never seen much of a complaint about it here.

Oh! Almost forget, AT&T and Comcast,  the largest broadcasting and cable television company in the world, are really trying to repeal the net neutrality rules. Good guys.

But you know, Disney is THE EVIL EMPIRE.

PS: I'm not saying this deal is a good thing (personally I'm thinking it's not). But if Fox wanted to sell the studios, well, I'm okay with Disney buying them, they're better than Comcast. I'm here just pointing out the hypocrisy here, the bias against Disney and looking at the big picture, where ALL the entertainment market is following.

All of them are fucking soulless and greedy empires.

America has given way too much power to corporations to crush people, and they continue to do so without repercussions because you've got people, evidenced in this thread, who see no wrong, who have been so successfully converted to the falsehoods.

If anything needs more regulation, it's the corporations. You won't get it in this America though- and they're burning the rest of the world with this shambolic state of affairs.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Marvel has everyone now. Hulk and Spidey are the only ones they can't do solo movies with, but they're on speaking terms with both studios.

Humm, technically they CAN make solo movies with them. What the hell was Spider-Man: Homecoming if not a solo movie? It's just that they don't have full control of the characters' rights and have to operate under the authorization of the studios that own those rights. Marvel could've made another Hulk movie if they really wanted it, they'd just have to let Universal distribute it rather than Disney.

Anyways, the big picture of this is that Disney now has another reason to parade their dicks around like the bullies they are known for being. Like someone already said, they didn't need Fox among their billions of other acquired stuff, and this only makes the idea of a monopolized Hollywood closer to happening, given how, apart from maybe WB and Universal, no other studio can stand up to Disney. It also eliminates filmmaking diversity for the record (assuming that Fox can't do their own thing that they have been doing in the last few years... just under Disney's oversight). And that's not all that good for the business.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Marvel has everyone now. Hulk and Spidey are the only ones they can't do solo movies with, but they're on speaking terms with both studios.

I can see them getting those Hull rights but do they really need them at this point? Hulk has had a great role in the MCU thus far.

7 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

I was not talking about you. I said "I've never seen much of a complaint about it here" and well, that's just the damn truth.

I would never paint Disney as victim. Actually I said "I'm not saying this deal is a good thing (personally I'm thinking it's not). But if Fox wanted to sell the studios, well, I'm okay with Disney buying them, they're better than Comcast. I'm here just pointing out the hypocrisy here, the bias against Disney and looking at the big picture, where ALL the entertainment market is following."

I know you weren't talking to me, but you also pretty much said "if this was AT&T yall wouldn't care, why are yall at Disney's throat?" That's painting Disney as victim of unfair treatment. Everyone has their own reasons for hating this: people losing jobs, threat of R-rated gone, Disney too "kiddie friendly", whatever. I just don't want my entire house to be nothing but Google, Disney, and AT&T. That's pretty much it.

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

But you can't stop it. It's only a matter of time before Amazon and Google jump in all this. Amazon probably has enough to buy Disney if they wanted. Netflix is already changing the game. You have to expect Disney to evolve too.

Amazon is only going to sit back and make smaller productions for so long.

I expect Amazon will buy Columbia Pictures from Sony or buy Paramount.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Walt Disney said:

I expect Amazon will buy Columbia Pictures from Sony or Paramount.

The main 3 that everyone has to worry about are Amazon, Apple and Google. I don't blame Disney for doing this.

I definitely expect to see Amazon make some sort of move next year. Paramount could easily go down if 20th Century Fox did.

I still think it's kind of insane that The Simpsons predicted this too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Eh, no it doesn't.

This comment is spoken more from a rash reaction, and less from actual reason from the situation.  Further, there's little doubt that this deal should pass regulation, it's an actual merger, there's quite a bit on why.

Based on how Disney is treating the buyout, they obviously intend to use the franchises, and consumers will notice little difference.  Also, while it may weaken the competitiveness of the movie industry, there's a tradeoff as it will allow Disney to enter the streaming industry and heighten the competitiveness in that market.  If you're interested in streaming services, there's some benefit to it.

Overall, the deal's not going to bring the apocalypse, it doesn't even seem like it'll be a major change to the film landscape.

Not sure why you are so adamant to sit on the fence and insist everything will be rosy.

You cannot look at this acquisition in a vacuum.

Have you read about copyright law and the role Disney has played in that?

A lot of people are cannot seem to see the movies separate from the company and its executives.

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

The main 3 that everyone has to worry about are Amazon, Apple and Google. I don't blame Disney for doing this.

I definitely expect to see Amazon make some sort of move next year. Paramount could easily go down if 20th Century Fox did.

I still think it's kind of insane that The Simpsons predicted this too.

There were rumors a few months ago that Apple was trying to buy Disney. Hopefully this deal will prevent that from happening.

7 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Exactly, I'm not for the At&t deal either but that at least is vertical integration this is horizontal, if fox can not hang on how much longer do sony and paramount have  

Isn’t the AT&T/Time Warner deal partly horizontal integration as well? Yeah, AT&T doesn’t have a studio, but both companies are ISPs. I know that doesn’t matter much on here since this forum focuses on movies. I think there’s the possibility that with Fox somewhat out of the picture, Sony and Paramount may be able to gain bigger pieces of the pie. Not as much as Disney, Universal, or WB, but hopefully they’ll improve.