DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

On 12/13/2017 at 6:22 PM, grey ghost said:

I'm a shill who's aligning myself with Telecom giants because of my posting style?

Wtf are you talking about?

Read properly.

I was referring to which other posters you're aligning yourself with, all of which liked your post, lol.

No need to get so triggered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

DQT9y8TUMAAan_B.jpg:large

I'll leave it here as there is no point in going further. This comment probably best describes the current reality 

People like yourself want to create a Hollywood that can no longer exist and will never exist. 

Like a lot of you guys really do have the head in the sand against how much moviegoing is changing day by day, month by month. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

Just now, marveldcfox said:

As if the U.S regulatory is clean...Disney will pay them to get the approval. 

I don’t see why Disney would need to pay anyone. Deals like this have occurred in the past, not necessarily in the movie industry, but in other ones. While I do think they’ll face several hurdles, I don’t see Trump’s DOJ being too fussed about this. They likely sued to block AT&T/Time Warner for petty reasons. 

36 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I'm not sure why people are upset with Disney. They saw an opportunity to stabilize and grow their brand. They were gonna sell these assests anyway and Disney gave them the best offer. I do wonder if people would be this upset if someother corporation took over instead of Disney. Anger needs to be entirely against FOX for selling off some of their biggest assests.

What people are upset with is the fact that Disney already has a healthy market share in all their brands. They own theme parks - 70% share just in Orlando, they own store shelves, they've finished in the top 2 in domestic studios every year since 2012, ESPN owns most of sports. They even do some of the best real estate from a corporation.

People keep arguing Disney NEEDS Fox to have a good streaming service, and that is laughably ridiculous and is what gets me. They are #1 in properties by a good margin. Like I said the other day, Disney Channel alone could give them a streaming service. Disney is big enough already. I don't like that they, Verizon, Comcast, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Google, etc is gobbling up everything. I like that these companies are diversifying, but there is a difference between diversifying and monopolizing.

So no, I wouldn't be care that much if this was Sony instead. What does Sony have other than the Playstation? Even their TV market share has shrunk to 5.6% from 13.7% in 08. Disney didn't need Fox, but what's done is done. Now we just sit back and watch and prepare our wallets.

• Like 3

If Time Warner,  world's third largest entertainment company, was the one buying Fox, o lot of people would be laughing and enjoying it here.

By the way, AT&T, largest pay-TV company in the world, is trying to buy Time Warner,  world's third largest entertainment company, And I've never seen much of a complaint about it here.

Oh! Almost forget, AT&T and Comcast,  the largest broadcasting and cable television company in the world, are really trying to repeal the net neutrality rules. Good guys.

But you know, Disney is THE EVIL EMPIRE.

PS: I'm not saying this deal is a good thing (personally I'm thinking it's not). But if Fox wanted to sell the studios, well, I'm okay with Disney buying them, they're better than Comcast. I'm here just pointing out the hypocrisy here, the bias against Disney and looking at the big picture, where ALL the entertainment market is following.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, XO21 said:

It's interesting how everyone is outraged Disney is bullying theatres but none bat an eye when AMC is buying Odeon and UCI...

Or when AMC was bought out by Chinese investors...

Or when Cinemark founders donated to Roy Moore's campaign...or previously pursued gun victims for money...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

If Time Warner,  world's third largest entertainment company, was the one buying Fox, o lot of people would be laughing and enjoying it here.

By the way, AT&T, largest pay-TV company in the world, is trying to buy Time Warner,  world's third largest entertainment company, And I've never seen much of a complaint about it here.

PS: I'm not saying this deal is a good thing (personally I'm thinking it's not). But if Fox wanted to sell the studios, well, I'm okay with Disney buying them, they're better than Comcast. I'm here just pointing out the hypocrisy here, the bias against Disney and looking at the big picture, where ALL the entertainment market is following.

I don't like the AT&T/Time Warner deal either. AT&T just got Directv, that's enough for now. Yall are really sitting here trying to paint The Walt Disney Company as being victim-shamed lmao, wow.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

What people are upset with is the fact that Disney already has a healthy market share in all their brands. They own theme parks - 70% share just in Orlando, they own store shelves, they've finished in the top 2 in domestic studios every year since 2012, ESPN owns most of sports. They even do some of the best real estate from a corporation.

People keep arguing Disney NEEDS Fox to have a good streaming service, and that is laughably ridiculous and is what gets me. They are #1 in properties by a good margin. Like I said the other day, Disney Channel alone could give them a streaming service. Disney is big enough already. I don't like that they, Verizon, Comcast, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Google, etc is gobbling up everything. I like that these companies are diversifying, but there is a difference between diversifying and monopolizing.

So no, I wouldn't be care that much if this was Sony instead. What does Sony have other than the Playstation? Even their TV market share has shrunk to 5.6% from 13.7% in 08. Disney didn't need Fox, but what's done is done. Now we just sit back and watch and prepare our wallets.

Fair enough, I can understand.

2 hours ago, boomboom234 said:

This is a bad deal for all of us, the murdoch's can expand their news empire and Disney becomes almost a monopoly 

People need to stop saying that.  Based on current market shares the film industry may still not technically be an oligopoly (but it'll be fairly close).

Disney is not a monopoly at all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The47th said:

Perhaps the first sign will be seeing The Simpsons merchandise on Disney Stores.

That makes two major IPs that are currently at Universal. Can't see that changing as far as theme parks.

American Horror Story might not return to Halloween Horror Nights this year though which I would be fine with.

10 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

I don’t see why Disney would need to pay anyone. Deals like this have occurred in the past, not necessarily in the movie industry, but in other ones. While I do think they’ll face several hurdles, I don’t see Trump’s DOJ being too fussed about this. They likely sued to block AT&T/Time Warner for petty reasons. 

They might if they want the deal through quicker. That being said there's still plenty of time. In the meantime start working on those X-Men and F4 scripts.

I think anything after 2018 from Fox is in doubt.

5 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I don't like the AT&T/Time Warner deal either. AT&T just got Directv, that's enough for now. Yall are really sitting here trying to paint The Walt Disney Company as being victim-shamed lmao, wow.

I was not talking about you. I said "I've never seen much of a complaint about it here" and well, that's just the damn truth.

I would never paint Disney as victim. Actually I said "I'm not saying this deal is a good thing (personally I'm thinking it's not). But if Fox wanted to sell the studios, well, I'm okay with Disney buying them, they're better than Comcast. I'm here just pointing out the hypocrisy here, the bias against Disney and looking at the big picture, where ALL the entertainment market is following."

• Like 1