DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

8 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Your argument actually supports the deal. It makes much more sense for a movie studio to distribute their own films worldwide. However, it has been difficult in certain countries to set up direct foreign distribution, which is why local distributors are used or studios work together. But, the most logical thing is to distribute your own films worldwide. Studios have been making progress in this area, but obviously are not there yet, as you show. If this deal helps Disney to do that, then that is a positive (not a negative) because they now have more control over their own content.  

Well yes, it is obvious that it make sense for Disney to own Fox world distribution structure, to the point they are paying like 30B for it or some giant amount like that. I never said it make no sense for them to do it.

I am explaining why it can make anti-trust people antenna activate, they completely separated movie making and movie showing in 1948 for a reason when they made illegal for a studio to own movie theaters for a reason.

It is a full positive for Disney obviously (outside the case if they are overpaying for it), it is for the non Disney movie producer point of view and consumer that it could be less obvious, how interested that giant percentage of the world distribution channel of movies will be interested in distributing movies they are not making themselves (Disney in the pass was distributing 50 movies a year, many not made by them they practically stopping distributing anything that is not in-house now) and with what kind of deal for the movie producer when they do.

Having the same co. making and distributing movies can easily become an issue, specially if there is less of them.

I do not care if anyone will add me to their block list  but I want it to be Summer 2019 already and have this damn deal go through so I can stop thinking about it because it is stressful and after that I hope this page is locked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Litio said:

I hope this deal is not approved, Fox sells its rights of the Marvel characters to Disney for $15bi and a big company that is not into movie industry buys Fox for $45bi. Fair.

Well it has a good chance of being approved and it chances of being blocked are zilch.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

I do not care if anyone will add me to their block list  but I want it to be Summer 2019 already and have this damn deal go through so I can stop thinking about it because it is stressful and after that I hope this page is locked.

Idk about locked but agreed that this deal is stressful

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Litio said:

I hope this deal is not approved, Fox sells its rights of the Marvel characters to Disney for $15bi and a big company that is not into movie industry buys Fox for $45bi. Fair.

not a chance in hell Disney would pay that much for X-men/F4, heck wouldn't they get the rights back for free if Fox sold to someone else? Or is that just Spider-man and Sony.

For reference the combined WW gross of all 13 X-men and F4 movies is 5.8 billion. That's lower than the Domestic gross of 18 MCU movies.

Edited by Ledmonkey96

6 minutes ago, Litio said:

Disney bought Marvel Entertainment 4B, LucasFilm with LucasArt studio, ILM special effect house, land/ranches, Stars Wars, Indiana Jones and other stuff 2b cash + 2b stock, Pixar studio 7.4b and just X-men's rights (and I guess some other character) for $15b ? I would have guess less than 650m for that.

38 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

I really am confused by the people who are defending Disney in this.  they're a billion dollar corporation, unless you support rich white executives getting richer off of what they see only as a product rather than art, it seems odd to be defending them like this.

My thing is: I’m just not that bothered.

i have quite literally no clue what’s going to happen to Fox apart from them making less Comic Book Movies. Too much is happening at once thanks to this streaming option. How fast will films get to streaming? Will films skip cinemas and go directly to streaming? I don’t know. On top of that I think every other studio will just follow Disney’s lead with this (look at CBS and Viacom trying to merge). Quite honestly anything that happens after the deal will feel almost seamless and natural to most people because everyone else will be doing the same thing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Disney bought Marvel Entertainment 4B, LucasFilm with LucasArt studio, ILM special effect house, land/ranches, Stars Wars, Indiana Jones and other stuff 2b cash + 2b stock, Pixar studio 7.4b and just X-men's rights (and I guess some other character) for $15b ? I would have guess less than 650m for that.

15 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

not a chance in hell Disney would pay that much for X-men/F4, heck wouldn't they get the rights back for free if Fox sold to someone else? Or is that just Spider-man and Sony.

For reference the combined WW gross of all 13 X-men and F4 movies is 5.8 billion. That's lower than the Domestic gross of 18 MCU movies.

Exactly :sparta:

25 minutes ago, Barnack said:

stressful 

begging 

------

There is some strong vocabulary going around for incorporated entities going throw around.... and does not seem to come from Fox employee stress by those 5k/10k possible cut talk.

This. Unfortunately some people are extremely selfish and doesn't care how this deal can affect the market and the lives of thousands of people in industry...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Litio said:

This. Unfortunately some people are extremely selfish and doesn't care how this deal can affect the market and the lives of thousands of people in industry...

I can feel such way but we have no choice and we need to accept the fact this ducking deal will go through.

Edited by manny1234