DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

I really don't see any benefits in going from a 6-studio concentration to a 5-studio concentration. It's an even tighter Oligopoly structure now, and from a purely economic viewpoint that'll make the barriers to entry for any new studios even higher; and make the current batch of smaller studios like Lionsgate struggle even more. On top of that, this merger's gonna lead to a shit-ton of layoffs due to redundant job positions; and for people like us, a reduction in competition because we'll have less choice in what we can watch, as output of the two companies will be less than the sum of them before the acquisition. Also, the movies we'll get will probably be a lot more homogenous to fit in with Disney's MO of profits-first, so maybe Searchlight will get downsized or reduced; idk.

but who gives a shit about that if we've got wolverine in the avengers lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

The concerns over jobs be lost to be are so fake when you guys did not give a crap about countless corporate mergers that led to far more jobs be cut or being outsourced in the spirit of free trade and globalization.

Companies merge which produces synergy = jobs lost

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

The concerns over jobs be lost to be are so fake when you guys did notgive a crap about countless corporate mergers that led to far more jobs be cut or being outsourced. 

Agreed!

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The concerns over jobs be lost to be are so fake when you guys did notgive a crap about countless corporate mergers that led to far more jobs be cut or being outsourced. 

I imagine many people here did or would care about the stuff. This just happens to be a bit more relevant to a box office forum so you're seeing more peoples takes on it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

The Fox-Disney deal is happening while the Time Warner - AT&T deal is still IN THE TOILET, waiting to flushed down by Department of Justice once and for all  

You must be Kevin Tsujihara then?

26 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Watching today’s movie talk episode and they talked about this subject. Rocha was on and he said that friends and people he knows that work at both studios are full on acting and making decisions as if this is a done deal. 

So when does Feige boot Kinberg out personally?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TMP said:

but who gives a shit about that if we've got wolverine in the avengers lol

The same idiots who gave a shit if spider-man is in the avengers. X-Men in MCU is a terrible thing, they should be on their own. The same thing with Spider-Man.

Edited by Firepower
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Lot of people lost jobs so it will always suck. Less exciting box office too. Less creativity in film too.  There is nothing good about this. 

STUDIO FIRST FILM-MAKING = creative vision of slug

DIRECTOR FIRST FILM-MAKING = compelling

We need studios to produce films not direct them

• Thanks 1

As someone with a job that will be actively harmed by this deal, it sucks. So, yeah, that's my official opinion on it. But I'm also not going to spend time worrying about it, since nothing I can do about the merger. I'm working on getting out of my current position so this will effect me less.

• Like 1