CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Just got back from TLJ.

This movie sucked. 

I grew up with Star Wars.  My first toys were Star Wars action figures. I literally grew up with Star Wars and it is my greatest love in life.  

This movie...

Thematically, structurally, artistically...all shit.

It's one long string of dumb followed by more dumb ending with even more dumb.

Disappointment is not a strong enough word for how I feel. It's like Rian Johnson took my childhood and wiped his ass with it while grinning like the cheshire cat. I want to punch him in the face.  

Some of you may like it. Some of you have no respect for the source material. I’m officially done with Disney Star Wars.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

I just had an epiphany. 

Since @CJohn clearly won’t see HARD TO BE A GOD any time soon, @WrathOfHan needs to step up and do it... and do a live thread commentary. 

What's the runtime? :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, Lor San Tele said:

Sitting in a leather recliner for viewing #2. 

Of TLJ or one of your screeners? :ph34r: 

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

BTW:  If people are on the fence about taking advantage of the current sale, this site is INFINITELY easier to use on an iPad (and I presume other mobile devices) when you're either Green or Gold due to the lack of ads.

I can actually load the pages here on my iPad Mini and not have it crash on me every 30 seconds. :o

AND you don't have to worry about Tapatalk sending you to a spoiler thread by mistake. :ph34r:

So.  You know.  IF you're looking for that very last reason to pull the trigger.... :poke: :poke: :poke:

I agree, the ads are still overwhelming - an ad literally after every post on mobile. Does Tapatalk work again for this forum? That would be helpful. The last I had checked it still didn't work (still did the weird error since the forum update a while ago). I would love if it is working again - would allow me to access the forums easily on mobile again.

My biggest problem right now is that accessing the forums on a regular browser on my computer is still frustrating with the truncated forums and the big black space on the side. I'm hoping this is fixed soon.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

Some of you may like it. Some of you have no respect for the source material.

I'm a huge fan of the movies, even prequels, the old extended universe, video games (literally played them all) and I loved every second of it. Some people just have different tastes, nothing to do with not respecting the source material.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, lancelot123 said:

I'm a huge fan of the movies, even prequels, the old extended universe, video games (literally played them all) and I loved every second of it. Some people just have different tastes, nothing to do with not respecting the source material.

If you were a True Fan you would hate it :P lol jk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lancelot123 said:

Eh, a notable actor in the film kind of disagrees with you...

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

general grievous and count dooku have definitely fucked. you can disagree if you want, that's fine, but that just tells me you don't respect the source material.

Thirty kids gotta come from somewhere. I'd be surprised if there's anyone ol' Coughing Robot Man hasn't fucked.

• Haha 1