CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

7 minutes ago, EmmaPeel said:

They know they can't end it, that's why they're acting out like this.

1 star reviews are rarely legitimate. No movie is perfect but very, very few have no merits whatsoever. There are legit negative and mixed reviews out there but most are in the 3-6 star range and explain their viewpoint without descending into ridiculous hyperbole.

1/2 reviews are even less legitimate unless it's a film that really mismarketed audiences. And those were horror this year. It doesn't really happen for big blockbusters. The last one in that realm I believe was Ghostbusters.

And no, of course they can't end it. They will rate is as low as they can though and continue to be douches about it.

Deadline is even mocking them.

19 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

There's post on the Deadline #s article saying 4Chan are actively targeting sites to bring down the grade and discussed doing this online.  I gather they not only hate the plot points but delusionally think the movie is some  PC threat to their male whiteness. :blink:

Note IMDB it's at 8.1 with 60k plus votes.  It's harder to drastically bring down an IMDB score without a lot of votes because they weight them in an attempt to fight spam votes and the voting pool is just so much larger.   The anti Armenian Holocaust deniers for The Promise certainly tried though with 42% of 1 votes - which had an affect but the avg was still 6.

They can't bring down IMDB, Fandango, AtomTickets, Letterbox'd, etc....they chose the two easiest targets but Deadline isn't even reporting the Flixster score after seeing the other polling because they know it's probably not accurate so the these "fans" are failing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Shocked that BFI IMAX isn't number 1 considering that OLS isn't PLF but I guess it has more capacity compared to both BFI and CW LS. Vue Westfield must be top five as well.

Cineworld LS is closing for refurb in January for a month so Star Wars won't be playing there for that long. 

@grim22 can probably answer this but is the Irvine Spectrum any good? Always seem to be in the top locations for films.

BFI is not far behind OLS it will eventually pass it, Westfield currently. coming in 3rd behind OLS, BFI Imax

• Like 2

Just now, somebody85 said:

1/2 reviews are even less legitimate unless it's a film that really mismarketed audiences. And those were horror this year. It doesn't really happen for big blockbusters. The last one in that realm I believe was Ghostbusters.

*grabs megaphone* The Ghostbusters hate campaign was just as pathetic as this one, no matter how many times ppl try to pretend otherwise

Dislike the movie? Sure. This? Pathetic.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

*grabs megaphone* The Ghostbusters hate campaign was just as pathetic as this one, no matter how many times ppl try to pretend otherwise

Dislike the movie? Sure. This? Pathetic.

Oh I agree. Just don't go see it if you're so against it. Don't try to bring down the score by spamming Flixster with fake 1/2 and 1 star reviews calling it the worst thing ever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

BFI is not far behind OLS it will eventually pass it, Westfield currently. coming in 3rd behind OLS, BFI Imax

I need numbers in my life.  I know where you keep them...

Merry Christmas @WrathOfHan:

11x:

Pitch Perfect 3: Baby Driver, Despicable Me 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming, War for the Planet of the Apes 4K, The Big Sick, Spider-Man: Homecoming Round 2, The Big Sick Round 2, Girls Trip, Battle of the Sexes, Happy Death Day, Justice League

8x:

Ferdinand: The Boss Baby, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul, Captain Underpants, Cars 3, Despicable Me 3, The Emoji Movie, My Little Pony: The Movie, Coco

6x:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Round 2, Dunkirk IMAX, Thor: Ragnarok. Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Pacific Rim: Uprising: Blade Runner 2049, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3

5x:

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Homecoming Round 2, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Justice League

Black Panther: The Hitman’s Bodyguard, mother!, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3

Den of Thieves: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Justice League, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3

Ready Player One: It, Blade Runner 2049, It Round 2, Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Downsizing: mother!, Battle of the Sexes, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, The Disaster Artist

4x:

Molly’s Game: Logan Lucky, mother!, American Made, Murder on the Orient Express

Annihilation: Blade Runner 2049, Happy Death Day, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi

3x:

Death Wish: Detroit, Annabelle: Creation, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D

12 Strong: The Declassified True Story of the Horse Soldiers: Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Deadpool 2: Logan, Logan Round 2, Justice League

Maze Runner: The Death Cure: Happy Death Day, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3

Tomb Raider: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Geostorm, Murder on the Orient Express

Paddington 2: The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Wonder, Coco

Duck Duck Goose: My Little Pony: The Movie, Wonder, Coco

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi

A Wrinkle in Time: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

Father Figures: American Made, Happy Death Day

Red Sparrow: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, The Snowman

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

The Commuter: American Made, Murder on the Orient Express

Sherlock Gnomes: Wonder, Coco

The Greatest Showman: Despicable Me 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi

All the Money in the World: American Made, The Disaster Artist

1x:

Forever My Girl: Megan Leavey

Proud Mary: Girls Trip

The Current War: Wind River

Isle of Dogs: The LEGO Ninjago Movie

Super Troopers 2: Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Insidious: The Last Key: Happy Death Day

A Quiet Place: Justice League

Rampage: Justice League

Early Man: Wonder

The Post: Murder on the Orient Express

Peter Rabbit: Coco

Incredibles 2: Coco

The Miracle Season: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Avengers: Infinity War: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Blockers: The Disaster Artist

Thoroughbreds: The Disaster Artist

Game Night: The Disaster Artist

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

So, I'm late to the party ^^

With a 100m friday and 45m thursday night what can we expect for the OW? 220-230?

http://deadline.com/2017/12/the-last-jedi-star-wars-opening-box-office-records-1202228444/

Oh ok, thanks Deadline, and thanks to myself as well :P

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

http://deadline.com/2017/12/the-last-jedi-star-wars-opening-box-office-records-1202228444/

Oh ok, thanks Deadline, and thanks to myself as well :P

See 

209 weekend.

Such a nerd...at a club with friends but in this thread.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Speaking of advance ticket sales, industry estimates (not Disney’s) figure that The Last Jedi is running 15% behind Force Awakens’ advance ticket sales. That movie, fueled by a number of Christmas Day purchases, earned $100M by its opening day two years ago. This would put Last Jedi‘s advance tickets at around an estimated $85M.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

10 Day Projection For The Last Jedi:

45M

58M

66.7M (+15%)

56.7M (-15%)

$226.4 million weekend

36.7M (-35%)

36M (-2%)

37.5M (+4%)

28.1M (-25%)

$364.7 million week

45M (+60%)

49.5M (+10%)

35.9M (-27.5%)

$130.4 million weekend (-42.4%)

• Like 1

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: DEADLINE

1.) Star Wars: The Last Jedi  (DIS), 4,232 theaters / $100.4M Fri (includes $45M previews)/3-day cume: $208M-$214M/Wk 1

2.) Ferdinand  (FOX), 3,621 theaters / $3.8M Fri (includes $350k previews)/3-day cume: $12.9M/Wk 1

3.) Coco(DIS), 3,155 theaters (-593) / Fri: $2.1M / 3-day cume: $8.75M(-53%)/Total: $149.5M / Wk 4

4.) Wonder (Lionsgate), 3,047 theaters (-472) /$1.43M Fri /3-day cume: $4.8M (-43%)/ Total: $108.6M/Wk 5

5.) Justice League (WB), 2,702 theaters (-806)/$1M Fri /  3-day cume: $3.9M  (-60%)/Total: $219.2M/ Wk 5

6) Daddy’s Home 2 (PAR), 2,493 theaters (-770) /$874K Fri / 3-day cume: $3.1M (-47%)/ Total: $95.9M/Wk 6

7.) The Disaster Artist  (A24), 1,010  theaters (+170) / $847K Fri/3-day cume: $2.8M (-56%)/Total: $13M/Wk 3

8). Thor: Ragnarok (DIS), 1,895 theaters (-1,152) / $771K Fri/ 3-day cume: $2.7M (-56%) / Total cume: $306.1M / Wk 7

9) Murder on the Orient Express (FOX), 1,923 theaters (-1,116)/  $710K Fri / 3-day cume: $2.35M (-54%)/Total: $97.1M/ Wk 6

10). Lady Bird (A24), 947 theaters (-610) /$550K Fri /3-day cume: $1.8M (-48%)/ Total cume: $25.7M / Wk 7

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1