grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

I'm so done with the endless round in circle TLJ debates (movie is awesome and is doing awesome come on) so I'll talk about the other shit. Jumanji is doing gangbusters and is headed for 175+, more proof the Rock is definitely the biggest star in Hollywood except when Leo actually decides to act. Expected drop for PP3 - forgot it was even coming out. Darkest Hour and Shape of Water are killing it and probably gonna gross a million everyday for two weeks at least on the way to 50+ totals. Good for them. Call Me By Your Name is still killing it but I just don't see the ceiling being that high. Very intrigued by what Phantom Thread and All The Money in the World do this week. The Post is doing great as expected and in this climate I see 120 happening for it. Greatest Showman had bad reviews but better reviews than expected and honestly that's kinda how I feel about the box office. I mean it's probably headed towards 50+ with two weeks of holiday legs coming up to get it there. That's better than I woulda thought tbf.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

And got beaten by a LIONSGATE movie that opened the same weekend in their fifth frame. Trashmerica, amirite?

Ummm, it's also gonna get beaten by a little donkey movie that also opened the same weekend in their fifth frame:)...

But I actually stanned for all 3 films, so I can't be too sad...means the smaller 2 actually had some enormous legs...and that makes me happy:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm so done with the endless round in circle TLJ debates (movie is awesome and is doing awesome come on) so I'll talk about the other shit. Jumanji is doing gangbusters and is headed for 175+, more proof the Rock is definitely the biggest star in Hollywood except when Leo actually decides to act. Expected drop for PP3 - forgot it was even coming out. Darkest Hour and Shape of Water are killing it and probably gonna gross a million everyday for two weeks at least on the way to 50+ totals. Good for them. Call Me By Your Name is still killing it but I just don't see the ceiling being that high. Very intrigued by what Phantom Thread and All The Money in the World do this week. The Post is doing great as expected and in this climate I see 120 happening for it. Greatest Showman had bad reviews but better reviews than expected and honestly that's kinda how I feel about the box office. I mean it's probably headed towards 50+ with two weeks of holiday legs coming up to get it there. That's better than I woulda thought tbf.

Shit. Now I wanna see Jumanji.

It releases in Brazil the same day as Coco, which one should I see?

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think Jumamji corrected its initial 1st trailer and marketed itself as a movie tweens and teens wanted to see as "their" Jumanji...just seeing my kids' wildly different reaction to the recent tv commercial from their 1st trailer view in theater (from 6 months ago) was telling...

It also had an opening date after Ferdinand did almost nothing, and TLJ was a little less kid-friendly in tone from previous iterations...add in that the supers and Coco got cut from SO MANY theaters this weekend, and Jumanji became the show to watch as the weekend kept going by (its share of the overall market has actually grown every day since opening on MT.com)...

I'm happy that my initial gut from the trailer 6 months ago is now almost certainly wildly wrong...I was teased earlier this week when I said this could be some actual competition for the market's top movie, and it seems like it will be all week:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

2 minutes ago, Apollo2xx said:

Shit. Now I wanna see Jumanji.

It releases in Brazil the same day as Coco, which one should I see?

I mean I'm gonna say Jumanji because I'm not a children's animation guy at all (it took Oscar buzz and amazing reviews to get me to Inside Out), but most people are gonna say Coco. I think you're fine either way.

• Like 1

Just now, XO21 said:

The Greatest Showman budget: $84m

Ferdinand budget: $111m

:apocalypse:

FOX is not having a good Christmas at the box office but it doesn't really matter anymore :hahaha:

• Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That 3 day number seems to imply $29M didn't hold...does anyone know?

EDIT: Nevermind - Numbers says $29.1 for yesterday's estimate...and $14.6M for today...although both are estimates from this estimate...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1