grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

9 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

December 26 is historically a bigger box office day than the 25th. For instance, Rogue One increased 20% from Christmas sunday last year.

That was because Sunday is a less popular day to go to the movies. It increased from Christmas Sunday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

December 26 is historically a bigger box office day than the 25th. For instance, Rogue One increased 20% from Christmas sunday last year.

If Tuesday wasn't Discount Tuesday, I might agree.  But it is.  If tickets are about 33 to 50% less, then one needs a corresponding increase in overall ticket purchases to compensate for the decrease in price per ticket.

Take locally.  Looking at around $6.5 or so for tickets.  That's instead of $12.75 or so.  If TLJ is already selling a metric ass load of tickets today, it'll be tough enough to stay flat, never mind increase.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

The Commuter looks great and I will see it on opening night.  I love shitty Liam Neeson action thrillers.

It's the last of the January 12 releases I'll see. In a busier month, I might've missed it :lol: 

Spoiler

Now watch the reviews be positive :ph34r: 

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The Commuter looks great and I will see it on opening night.  I love shitty Liam Neeson action thrillers.

I plan on seeing The Commuter as well. It will be glorious.

I am reaching the Invasion cross-over on The Flash which means it is time to stop and start CBS's Supergirl.

Btw, whoever thinks slow motion during CGI scenes on The Flash is a good idea should be fired, because the CGI is PS3 level graphics. It is hideous.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I mean, look at this shit:

E4JaDEI.png

THEN after snipping this I get a banner ad:

pQQ5TaM.png

DAMN.

LIVES ARE ON THE LINE DAMMIT.

I actually think this might perform well. It is a high-concept Neeson action vehicle and there hasn't been one in a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

LIVES ARE ON THE LINE DAMMIT.

I actually think this might perform well. It is a high-concept Neeson action vehicle and there hasn't been one in a while.

8/24 is my current prediction. If reviews are good, I'll go higher, but The Post is opening on the same day.

The Commuter will probably will do Run All Night numbers. With The Post and Paddington 2, I imagine it'll be third or fourth at the box office that weekend. 

The Post had a solid PTA for the four days. I wouldn't be surprised if tops the charts when it goes wide which would make it Spielberg's first film to go to the top since Indiana Jones. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

8/24 is my current prediction. If reviews are good, I'll go higher, but The Post is opening on the same day.

Solid OD/OW prediction. I am in the same range as well.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Wow Lionsgate just threw Wonder completely under the bus. Wow at that theatre drop. 

Ferdinand is a huge disaster at $111m. 

Wonder has already made a huge profit already for Lionsgate just from the domestic release.

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Wow Lionsgate just threw Wonder completely under the bus. Wow at that theatre drop. 

Ferdinand is a huge disaster at $111m. 

I am not a fan of Lionsgate, but they didn't throw Wonder under the bus.  They had no ground to stand on to make theaters hold their 6 week old movie when there are like 9 movies releasing or expanding.  

• Like 4