grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Holy fuck, Money had a 100% sellout here :ohmygod: Jumanji's morning show in the smallest auditorium also sold out (the very first show was a near sellout), but Money has about 33% more capacity than that auditorium.

All the Money in the World is selling out every show here. I think we're looking at a very surprising (in the best way) opening.

lol Sony coming back at the end of the year with two hits after everybody wrote them off.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

All the Money in the World is selling out every show here. I think we're looking at a very surprising (in the best way) opening.

lol Sony coming back at the end of the year with two hits after everybody wrote them off.

Legit think it might be hitting 8-9M+ today. That could put 100M within the range of possibility :ohmygod: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Legit think it might be hitting 8-9M+ today. That could put 100M within the range of possibility :ohmygod: 

No way. It barely has 2.000 theaters. 6-7M OD would already be great and put it on the same range as Fences.

55 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have to admit, I am VERY curious about TLJ's Discount Tuesday number.

Usually we see a jump on Tuesday because tickets are discounted, which means that the sheer increase in admissions over Monday will cover the lower price.  But with Monday running at such a huge capacity due to it being Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it stay flat or even decrease if the Christmas Monday number is huge enough.  And, yes, theaters in my town at least all have Discount Tuesday prices going on for tomorrow.

So, once again, putting my marker down ahead of time so I won't be accused of trying to explain stuff away after the fact. ;)

I think 95% chance Tuesday decreases, but hopefully not as much as rogue one.  I'm guessing around -25% for now.

2 minutes ago, MattW said:

I think 95% chance Tuesday decreases, but hopefully not as much as rogue one.  I'm guessing around -25% for now.

Rogue One isn't a proper comp at all. Remember the 26th was observed as Christmas Day for all businesses, so they gave that day off, which is why it was such a huge day. Tuesday for many people not on vacation was just another work day, the 27th. The 26th is a much bigger day than the 27th, historically, especially because it's Boxing Day in Canada, which is a BIG deal. My dad's new girlfriend is Canadian so I have to hear all about their nonsense. :P

I don't think there's any chance TLJ declines anywhere close to 25% on Tuesday, no. Maybe 10%. I would expect it's flat or so close to flat it's basically statistically insignificant, like + / - 5%.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I’d be surprised if it did 100m but this would put it squarely in the convo for Best Picture if it happened. 

15 hours ago, GadnukBreakerOfWorlds said:

Interesting. The longest reign was Jurassic Park 2. So if TFA's record can hold through June 2020 it will have the longest time on top. In that timeframe I'm thinking IW or Avengers 4 has the best shot to beat it, no? 

0% chance any film pulls it off (or even gets close) in that timeframe