grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Its lifetime run is expected to include $750 million to $800 million in North American ticket sales. 

:thinking: 

To be fair, massively over-estimating/under-estimating a box office run is kinda par for the course over at Deadline, no? Mostly comes down to only using the OW for expectations and not factoring in anything else after that, from what I can tell.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

390M in one week. One week.

40M Monday. Increases the following Wednesday from its Tuesday. Posts a 2nd Saturday thats only 17% under its first. Has a 2nd weekend bigger than Furious 7's OW. Has a 3rd weekend as big as Inside Out's OW.

Demolishes Avatars run after 20 days.

:WHATanabe:

I think the problem is that TLJ most likely will fail to get a 3x multiplier while Rogue one got a 3.43x Multiplier! and TFA had a 3.78x that it would drop from TFAs multiplier was clear, but to drop that much from Rogue One's is surprising.

But You are right, TFA's Run was amazing.

It's second Week (261.1 Mio $) would rank as 5th highest Week ever (only TFA (390.9), TLJ (296.6), JW(296.2), Avengers (270) Opening Weeks are higher). The Next highest second Week Rogue one (153.4) is 107.7 Mio less.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

@WrathOfHan

Sorry if you already did this, but what do you think Jumanji's run will look like? I was looking at BOM, and if this beats Night at the Museum, it will beat Men in Black and be Sony's biggest non-Spider-Man/non-Bond film ever.

I did a forecast on Saturday with it finishing at 297M, but with Sunday and Monday surpassing all of our expectations, I think it'll easily cross 300M.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Nah, it could go under. If you look for a savior, theres ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL, SLENDER MAN and THE MEG.

LOL we were discussing Animated films

19 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Grinch and Incredibles should breeze past $400M imo. Ralph 2 and HT3 should be around $150M-$200M. Spiderverse and maybe Peter Rabbit should cross $100M. Smallfoot can do around $70M. Gnomes will do $500M (jk more like $40M)

Forgot about Grinch... oops - should definitely pull a Sing like performance if nothing else.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I did a forecast on Saturday with it finishing at 297M, but with Sunday and Monday surpassing all of our expectations, I think it'll easily cross 300M.

Hopefully it crosses $305M. Then it would be Sony's biggest non-Spidey flick ever.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Taruseth said:

I think the problem is that TLJ most likely will fail to get a 3x multiplier while Rogue one got a 3.43x Multiplier! and TFA had a 3.78x that it would drop from TFAs multiplier was clear, but to drop that much from Rogue One's is surprising.

I KNOW I am opening myself up for charges of being a shill, and I half deserve it, but there IS a minor difference between opening at 155 OW and 220 OW.

I just caught up with the meltdowns. If anything, TLJ has a super interesting run. I know someone already said that there's a chance this ends up under BATB WW, and I agree. If it indeed follows RO and makes 610-620m DOM then it becomes more than a possibility. We still have to wait a few more days to be sure, but OS looks to finish under 700m. Actually, with TLJ doing half of Dunkirk's presales in China (and Dunkirk made 50m total there), not even 650m is sure. I find it hilarious that someone quoted an article a few pages back saying TLJ might only open to 30m in China when it's total might not even reach that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Who would've called Jumanji over 300M a few months ago lmao.  The internet fanboys must be pisssseeeed

imo it looked DOA few months ago...:ph34r:

Jumanji over JL dom...like :apocalypse:

Edited by XO21

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Hopefully it crosses $305M. Then it would be Sony's biggest non-Spidey flick ever.

I would be hella impressed if Sony pulled off rebooted two loved IPs into $300M monster hits this year.

Just now, narniadis said:

LOL we were discussing Animated films

Doesnt matter since that was a parody poste of mine :lol:

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

If Jumanji doesnt overtake SW, it could have a good shot at beeing the biggest film to never hit No. 1 (currently Sing with 270M).

• Like 1

Theater update:

TLJ has been performing like it was last week. Not much to say here lol

Jumanji is STILL taking names with sellouts. Father Figures got its showing in 90 minutes cancelled for Jumanji :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: 

Showman and PP3 are having near-sellouts today too. The latter is honestly selling more than yesterday!

Money's 12:55 showing was 50% full, but the morning show being light is still a red flag.

Ferdinand's morning show was a near sellout, but the early afternoon 3D was dead of course.

Downsizing's most recent show sold over 30 seats, so that's good.

Coco is doing very well too.

This will be a good day at the box office!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I KNOW I am opening myself up for charges of being a shill, and I half deserve it, but there IS a minor difference between opening at 155 OW and 220 OW.

Plus it doesn’t take that big of a percentage drop on the multiplier for it to be a sort of ugly result. 

Ultron only dropped 20% on multiplier from Avengers, but 2.4 is pretty ugly compared to 3.0 multiplier. I’m thinking around 2.9 multiplier for Last Jedi, so about 23% drop from TFA’s 3.78 multiplier. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

After 6 days:

Jumanji:
Welcome to the Jungle

Domestic Total as of Dec. 25, 2017: $72,005,967 (Estimate)

After one entire run:

Jumanji

Domestic Total Gross: $100,475,249

lol one could argue that 22 years of inflation would do that....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1