Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY VI: Return of the Jedi - Ballots (pick one for each category, only rank Best Picture) Due 3/2 at 11:59PM EST

FYC

A Ghost Story

07-a-ghost-story.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Best Actor (Casey Sheetfleck), Best Supporting Actress (Ke$ha as Ghost Sheet number 2), Best Costume Design, Visual Effects, Best Villain (Prognosticator)

Spoiler

Jk, but for real, Some more of my FYCs while I update the post

Coco

For Categories: Best Soundtrack, Best Villain (Ernesto De La Cruz)

A Ghost Story

For Categories: Cinematography, Editing, Original Score, Soundtrack, Villain (Prognosticator)

IT

For Categories: Ensemble, Supporting Actress (Sophia Lillis), Adapted Screenplay, Makeup and Hairstyling, Villain (Pennywise), Most Epic Box Office Run

Okja

For Categories: Actress (Seo-Hyeon Ahn), Supporting Actor (Jake Gyllenhaal), Visual Effects, Hero (Okja), Villain (Dr. Johnny Wilcox/Jake Gyllenhaal), Most Soul Crushing Box Office Run

War for the Planet of the Apes

For Categories: Actor (Andy Serkis), Adapted Screenplay, Visual Effects, Sound Mixing and Editing, 

1 hour ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

MVP fyc,

A2knet, barnack, chasmmi.

I want to expand on this. Most knows barnack and chasmmi, but I think a2knet is most underrated user on this forum. Nobody munches number more than him, the thing this site is about. And he does it in a reasonable and mostly accurate manner. He is a nice guy too, never indulging himself in drama.

Therefore I think he should be above funny posters and even EC as he comments daily. Han is another one who plays with number most for limited releases.

• Like 3

Why is there no Best Animated film category, while you keep a stupid category like makeup and hairstyling?

"there's no point because Coco will win", you may as well say there's no point in having a Best Picture because Baby Driver will win.

I imagine plenty of people will choose Lego Batman over Coco. Coco has not even been released yet in various countries, including the UK where there are plenty of members.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I want to expand on this. Most knows barnack and chasmmi, but I think a2knet is most underrated user on this forum. Nobody munches number more than him, the thing this site is about. And he does it in a reasonable and mostly accurate manner. He is a nice guy too, never indulging himself in drama.

Therefore I think he should be above funny posters and even EC as he comments daily. Han is another one who plays with number most for limited releases.

But then you get the rest of my baggage :sparta: 

• Disbelief 2

11 hours ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Why is there no Best Animated film category, while you keep a stupid category like makeup and hairstyling?

"there's no point because Coco will win", you may as well say there's no point in having a Best Picture because Baby Driver will win.

I imagine plenty of people will choose Lego Batman over Coco. Coco has not even been released yet in various countries, including the UK where there are plenty of members.

There were complaints that last year had too many categories - this was an attempt to remedy that (hell, it makes things easier on our end).

Even if it wasn’t obvious Coco wouldn’t win, animated films felt slim this year as opposed to last year. (I feel that I’m being fairly objective here.) I doubt we’d get a strong consensus of nominations as opposed to last year beyond the two movies you mentioned.

If people want the category back, me and Panda can consider it.

• Like 1