Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY VI: Return of the Jedi - Ballots (pick one for each category, only rank Best Picture) Due 3/2 at 11:59PM EST

7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I gotta say, I did not expect this to be the film that Tele loves so much

He went from stanning for one film that ended up being a total no1curr (Breathe) at the start of the season to another towards the end that no one will see. At least he's consistent.

3 hours ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

If people want the category back, me and Panda can consider it.

Do please consider it. Even with Coco as an almost definite winner, the frenzy that would occur to get other films nominated would make for a very good time. And I'm sure there's people who have even seen the smaller films like A Silent Voice and In This Corner of the World as I have. Surely it'd be exciting to see if those sneak in.

5 hours ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

There were complaints that last year had too many categories - this was an attempt to remedy that (hell, it makes things easier on our end).

Even if it wasn’t obvious Coco wouldn’t win, animated films felt slim this year as opposed to last year. (I feel that I’m being fairly objective here.) I doubt we’d get a strong consensus of nominations as opposed to last year beyond the two movies you mentioned.

If people want the category back, me and Panda can consider it.

High quality animated was very slim this year - far more than Horror or Comedy which are usually weaker. 

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

High quality animated was very slim this year - far more than Horror or Comedy which are usually weaker. 

Domestically maybe, but there were a lot of great foreign animated movies released this year that are worthy of recognition. I have about 6 in my top 25 and I haven't even seen Coco yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rukaio101 said:

Domestically maybe, but there were a lot of great foreign animated movies released this year that are worthy of recognition. I have about 6 in my top 25 and I haven't even seen Coco yet.

Recs?

Though in this list if it's not widely distributed its normally not going to be nominated so we'd get Coco and then.... Lego Batman, Boss Baby, Captain Underpants, DM3 or Cars 3 . :ph34r:

53 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Recs?

In this Corner of the World

A Silent Voice

The Night is Short, Walk on Girl

Big Fish & Begonia

The Breadwinner

Mutafukaz

The Big Bad Fox & Other Tales

Birdboy: The Forgotten Children (although I watched it at the LFF in 2016, so I always keep mentally considering it a 2016 film)

Don't know how many of them are available online right now, but they're all pretty enjoyable. I'd also say Lu Over the Wall and Loving Vincent are both worth a watch, even if I didn't necessarily enjoy them as much as other people.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Though in this list if it's not widely distributed its normally not going to be nominated so we'd get Coco and then.... Lego Batman, Boss Baby, Captain Underpants, DM3 or Cars 3 . :ph34r:

Hey, you never know. Maybe this year is the year that BOT finally moves away from awarding the mediocre mainstream stuff and starts exploring the more niche and interesting animated films that the medium has to offer.

...LOOK, JUST LET ME HAVE THIS DREAM, OKAY?!

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, cannastop said:

Just going to be @The Greatest Rth, isn' it?

He should be the Pelé* of this category to be fair.

* For reference back when Pelé played soccer football in Brazil in the 60s and 70s he wasn't eligible for the award of the best Brazilian player of the year as it was considered to be unfair to all the other players cause everyone knows he'd simply have won it every single year.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

In this Corner of the World

A Silent Voice

The Night is Short, Walk on Girl

Big Fish & Begonia

The Breadwinner

Mutafukaz

The Big Bad Fox & Other Tales

Birdboy: The Forgotten Children (although I watched it at the LFF in 2016, so I always keep mentally considering it a 2016 film)

Don't know how many of them are available online right now, but they're all pretty enjoyable. I'd also say Lu Over the Wall and Loving Vincent are both worth a watch, even if I didn't necessarily enjoy them as much as other people.

Hey, you never know. Maybe this year is the year that BOT finally moves away from awarding the mediocre mainstream stuff and starts exploring the more niche and interesting animated films that the medium has to offer.

...LOOK, JUST LET ME HAVE THIS DREAM, OKAY?!

Yeah, I could definitely help you and others get A Silent Voice and In This Corner of the World into the lineup.

A few notes!

Remember to on the ballots to Both me and Spaghetti (preferably the same message), it can get confusing if one of us has some of the ballots and the other has the other half.

Also, for actors, if you aren’t sure if somebody goes in Lead or Supporting, then  first check what they qualify as for the Oscars (or the cat they’re being campaigned in).  So that means Mark Hamill is lead, Adam Driver is Supporting, Willem Dafoe is Supporting, Armie Hammer is Supporting, Chalamet is lead etc.

If there’s a specific issue with thinking an actor is categorized wrong this we can address it in this thread! :)

Edited by New Year New Panda
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Recs?

All but DM3 are solid B’s and Ferdinand is good as well. However Coco would easily win.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

for your consideration 

The Bye Bye Man: Best Picture, Best Director- Stacy Title, Best Ensemble, Best Supporting Actor- Doug Jones, Best Supporting Actress- Faye Dunaway, Best Supporting Actress- Cleo King, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Visual Effects, Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Best Sound, Best Original Score, Best Hero- The Bye Bye Man, Best Villain- The Stupid College Kids, Most Epic Box Office Run

The Emoji Movie: Best Picture, Best Ensemble, Best Actor- TJ Miller, Best Supporting Actor- James Corden, Best Supporting Actor-Patrick Stewart, Best Supporting Actor- Steven Wright, Best Supporting Actress- Anna Faris, Best Supporting Actress- Maya Rudolph, Best Original Screenplay, Best Sound, Best Soundtrack, Best Hero- Smiler, Best Villain- High Five

Transformers: The Last Knight: Best Picture, Best Director- Michael Bay, Best Ensemble, Best Actor- Mark Wahlberg, Best Supporting Actor- Anthony Hopkins, Best Supporting Actor- Jim Carter, Best Supporting Actress- Laura Haddock, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Visual Effects, Best Sound, Best Original Score, Best Hero- Cogman, Best Villain- Optimus Prime, Most Epic Box Office Run

Worst Feature:

Blade Runner 2049

The Disaster Artist

Dunkirk

Get Out

Logan

Edited by Rorschach

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

for your consideration 

The Bye Bye Man: Best Picture, Best Director- Stacy Title, Best Ensemble, Best Supporting Actor- Doug Jones, Best Supporting Actress- Faye Dunaway, Best Supporting Actress- Cleo King, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Visual Effects, Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Best Sound, Best Original Score, Best Hero- The Bye Bye Man, Best Villain- The Stupid College Kids, Most Epic Box Office Run

The Emoji Movie: Best Picture, Best Ensemble, Best Actor- TJ Miller, Best Supporting Actor- James Corden, Best Supporting Actor-Patrick Stewart, Best Supporting Actor- Steven Wright, Best Supporting Actress- Anna Faris, Best Supporting Actress- Maya Rudolph, Best Original Screenplay, Best Sound, Best Soundtrack, Best Hero- Smiler, Best Villain- High Five

Transformers: The Last Knight: Best Picture, Best Director- Michael Bay, Best Ensemble, Best Actor- Mark Wahlberg, Best Supporting Actor- Anthony Hopkins, Best Supporting Actor- Jim Carter, Best Supporting Actress- Laura Haddock, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Visual Effects, Best Sound, Best Original Score, Best Hero- Cogman, Best Villain- Optimus Prime, Most Epic Box Office Run

Worst Feature:

Blade Runner 2049

The Disaster Artist

Dunkirk

Get Out

Logan

Not the Teen’s Choice Awards!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

for your consideration 

Worst Feature:

Blade Runner 2049

The Disaster Artist

Dunkirk

Get Out

Logan

Image result for no no no get out gif

• Like 3