the beast

Weekend Thread - Insidious 29.6M, Jumanji 37.2M, TLJ 23.7M, TGS 13.8M, PP3 10.3

4 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

First of all Miss, I'm a lot older than you and clearly better mannered. You don't address a stranger with such impertinence. But I'll allow it since the moderators here are slack.

You say TLJ had $200M production costs. Please offer a figure for its marketing and distribution costs. As you know those are separate and additional expenses.

In some cases these expenses are double the production costs, especially on globally distributed movies like this one. I've heard TLJ had total costs as high as $800M+. I've also heard that as a rule of thumb movies aim to make three times their production costs in order to break even.

So. Assuming that figure is correct: $800M, TLJ hasn't broken even yet. This of course based upon the studios recouping in this case 65% of the North American gross and far less of the overseas revenues.

Please take your time before you attempt to respond.

Thanks.

What an Asshole.... 

I will never understand why new users think they can join some where and be condescending and rude. 

You would be better off taking the advice given to you and find a place where you can be happy since it is obvious that you do not like this place. 

Oh and for someone who is older and knows so much more you show your gaps of logic and knowledge quite often. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Also, do not get the love for TGS. Listened to the soundtrack and find it as bland and unappealing as I did LaLaLand. 

TGS made me realize how much LLL’s score and songs were saved by Justin Hurcwitz and Damien Chazelle.  I reckon those songs wouldn’t have worked nearly as well without them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Not break even? Do you even know what "break even" means?

Third week? You mean 4th week, right?

i'm starting to think that @TheForceuser707 is @robcain anonimus profile to release all his anger freely. 

Yeah. I 'm pretty certain I know what break even means.

And when I when I say "in its third week in release that's" what I mean. Friday 5th marks the end of its third week, but is still IN its third week. Clear enough for you?

10 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

First of all Miss, I'm a lot older than you and clearly better mannered. You don't address a stranger with such impertinence. But I'll allow it since the moderators here are slack.

You say TLJ had $200M production costs. Please offer a figure for its marketing and distribution costs. As you know those are separate and additional expenses.

In some cases these expenses are double the production costs, especially on globally distributed movies like this one. I've heard TLJ had total costs as high as $800M+. I've also heard that as a rule of thumb movies aim to make three times their production costs in order to break even.

So. Assuming that figure is correct: $800M, TLJ hasn't broken even yet. This of course based upon the studios recouping in this case 65% of the North American gross and far less of the overseas revenues.

Thanks.

You say you act older & well-mannered....and smarter.....but you have clearly no idea what you’re talking about and you come off as a massive hater and a parasite.

You act like you’re smarter but doesn’t feel that smart. That means you’re lying to yourself.

TLJ is already a hit. WTF are you desperately trying to prove? To prove you’re right?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

Thanks.

Oh yes, Disney definitely spent 800m on a movie with no production issues.  TLJ was undoubtedly the most expensive movie of all time by a few hundred million.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheForceuser707 said:

Yeah. I 'm pretty certain I know what break even means.

And when I when I say "in its third week in release that's" what I mean. Friday 5th marks the end of its third week, but is still IN its third week. Clear enough for you?

:hahaha::rofl::hahaha::winomg:

WTF dude..... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

What an Asshole.... 

I will never understand why new users think they can join some where and be condescending and rude. 

You would be better off taking the advice given to you and find a place where you can be happy since it is obvious that you do not like this place. 

Oh and for someone who is older and knows so much more you show your gaps of logic and knowledge quite often. 

Speak for yourself.

You simply don't understand how to treat newcomers. That much is clear.

If you did you wouldn't be insulting strangers.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

What an Asshole.... 

Hey he heard it cost 800m+.  Who are we to argue with those figures

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, boomboom234 said:

I didn’t call you a troll I said if some suggested those numbers for tlj someone would call you a troll. And bringing up BVS is an example of a financial profit maker that is still a dissappointment

Oh ok. Fair enough. Misunderstood and my apologies. 

Yeah I see where you’re coming from, but if we’re moving into the realm of any movie that grosses well in excess of $600 million a disappointment then we’re really all in for a sad old period on the forums. 

9 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

Thanks.

Y'know, for a guy who calls himself "TheForceuser," you seem to be ultra-negative about everything TLJ. Why is that?

• Haha 2

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

You say you act older & well-mannered....but you have clearly no idea what you’re talking about and you come off as a massive hater and a parasite.

You’re lying to yourself.

All of this for posting the facts?

The truth is there are people in this forum who are Star Wars fanatics to such a point that any reportage deemed as negative however factual or accurate is seen as a personal attack.

What can be more childish than this?

It's just a movie.

People didn't like it.

Do I need to be hated if I say this?