kayumanggi

AQUAMAN | 813.4 M overseas ● 1148.5 M worldwide

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

I mean, that part is very easy to imagine. :sparta:

Was about to say that. I would never have imagined AQM would do quite THIS well, but... Ant Man and its sequel are quite low-hanging fruit, as far as the MCU goes.

This made me sad, really, as I found AMTW so...bloody forgettable. I enjoyed the first, but the second was just...there. I'd much rather have an entertaining mess than that. Ant Man might be best as a one-and-done as far as standalone movies, and save him for occasional crossovers. 

28 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Aquaman sure has. And to think that a DC-superhero film and a Queen-biopic would outgross an Ant-Man sequel & a Harry Potter-spinoff/prequel in worldwide grosses.

I can't tell you how many of my twitter friends were predicting 450-550mil for Aquaman after Justice League went belly up. It was a constant thing that drove me freaking nuts. One of the reasons that I don't visit the Aquaman forums on here is because I knew it would be nothing but doom and gloom. 

https://deadline.com/2018/12/aquaman-bumblebee-spider-verse-china-global-international-box-office-1202526916/

The heir to Atlantis averaged about $18M per day in the Christmas frame’s midweeks overseas and is now in 74 offshore markets. Australia dived in on December 26 with the biggest DCEU opening ever and the top start for WB in 2018. The two-day cume is $5.2M.

Elsewhere, France‘s 2nd Thursday saw a 128% jump from last week’s opening weekend. The Hexagon cume is $10.9M. As with France, Germany ranked No. 1 on Thursday and has cumed $8.3M. DC-loving Brazil ranked Aquaman at No. 1 on Thursday to cume $20.3M so far.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3