grim22

BOTs Top 25 Movies of 2017 | NOLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Spoiler

The Disaster Artist

the-disaster-artist-poster.jpg

MRSdcuT.png

2eCGilY.png

A movie about the making of the worst movie of all time, The Disaster Artist turned out to be a very entertaining and humanizing look at Tommy Wiseau's life and the making of The Room. Franco pretty much starred in this movie just so he could do an impression of Wiseau, but he gave the role his all and was awarded with a Golden Globe for it. The movie does require knowledge of The Room to fully appreciate it. It is definitely very funny and entertaining throughout with a large number of cameos and a surprisingly human story at the center of it all.

User Reviews:

James Franco disappears into the role of Tommy Wiseau. This was pretty much a role he was born to play. The rest of the cast, especially Dave Franco and Seth Rogen, were very good too. I was very pleasantly surprised at how emotional it got towards the end. It really caught me off guard but it was very well-executed. Tons of laughs throughout. I actually heard a few people, who I could tell hadn't seen The Room before, talking about how hilarious it was and wanting to check out the film. The only problem I had was all the interviews with the celebrities at the beginning. Felt out of place to me. Other than that, great film.

A-

@Rorschach

If there were more movies like this one, the world would be better place.  Ha ha ha.

A-

@New Year New Panda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • ...wtf 1

Spoiler

War For The Planet Of The Apes

war_for_the_planet_of_the_apes_xlg.jpg

zjl3BCP.png

rqcUlv6.png

The conclusion of probably the most surprisingly good trilogy in recent years, War for the planet of the apes ended Caesar's story pretty much as perfectly as possible and gave audiences actual closure in this era of long running franchises. Andy Serkis's mocap performance was on point as was Matt Reeves's direction. All in all, a very fitting conclusion

User Reviews:

Gave it an A. Perfect end to a super strong trilogy with enough parts seeded in with references to the original films. Great stuff

@Lizzy

Whenever Bad Ape walked out in that blue jacket. I lost it. Funny as hell. 

The the film is great. 9/10

@Vanilla

• Like 15

Spoiler

Call Me By Your Name

Call-Me-By-Your-Name-Film-Poster-2017.jp

BNmF26V.png

Sn1CMMK.png

From @filmlover

Every year, hundreds of movies are made, but few of them leave a truly lasting impression once the credits start rolling. Call Me by Your Name is one of the few movies from 2017 that does. Days after seeing the film, it still weighed heavily on my mind. This is one of the best films ever about first love, perfectly capturing its raw emotions and feelings. One doesn't need to have ever desired another person of the same sex to connect with the themes found within. Elevating this story about a summertime romance in 1983 Northern Italy to a whole other level is a pair of transcendent performances from its leads: Timothee Chalamet, in a breakthrough performance for the books, is a total revelation, while Armie Hammer displays a range previously unexplored in any of his past roles, and the chemistry between them is electric. A very beautifully-done movie in every way that lingers with you long after its unforgettable closing shot fades out.

User Reviews:

Such an amazing movie! The chemistry was so real and sexy. The train scene and the ending with Elio staring at the fireplace were devastating

@iceroll

What a pleasure this was. 

My my only gripe is this: leave it to Hollywood to have more female than male nudity in a gay love story. But oh well. 

@rockNrollaDIM

• Like 11
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yessssssssssssss

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for armie dance gif

Also happy Apes made it. What a great and sorta underappreciated little rebooted series that ended up being.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

A curse on all of your houses for putting these two so low on the list.