grim22

BOTs Top 25 Movies of 2017 | NOLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It's great that Stuhlbarg's breakout role in Marvel's Doctor Strange has gotten him so many great roles this year.

He was in three best picture nominees this year alone. Impressive. He's a great actor, so I'm happy to see him having some success, his performance in A Serious Man is seriously underrated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

He was in three best picture nominees this year alone. Impressive. He's a great actor, so I'm happy to see him having some success, his performance in A Serious Man is seriously underrated. 

I only saw Stuhlbarg in The Shape of Water as of this writing, but I have to say, he was great in The Shape of Water.

Spoiler

IT

it_poster_16__red_band__blood__by_tibubc

MvDXxFd.png

QwzNZGE.png

One of the biggest surprises of the year both in terms of box office and in terms of quality. The makers of IT did a very smart thing by splitting the book into two and concentrating the first movie only on the kids and also riding the coattails of Stranger Things. The young cast was excellent, and Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise was almost perfect casting.

User Reviews:

Review Summary: You might have come for the scares.... but you'll be pleasantly surprised at the humour - and you'll remember IT for its heart.

Pls let either Amy Adams or Jessica Chastain play adult Bev!

This really is a movie about the kids... and also happens to feature a scary child eating clown. It's no wonder all the marketing / press for this film has been about showcasing the 7-kids, showing off their genuine chemistry, and downplaying Pennywise/Bill Skarsgard.

- The film knocked the ball out of the park

- The marketing department (trailers / poster / promotions etc) knocked the ball out of the park

- The casting director knocked the ball out of the city

I have very high hopes for Chapter 2, and the adult story, but worry because this is near universally considered to be inferior story material to what we've already seen. News that the kids will still feature (via flashbacks) is promising, however, and I hope we find a happy medium between continuing to showcase the kids via flashbacks... and dealing with lesser material of the adults in present day. And we'll all be wondering for the next 2 years wondering whether there will be any spiders in part 2....

They better hurry up and make Chapter 2 before the kids grow up!

- @Tyrian

This is one of the best horror movies I've ever seen. Almost everything about it is fantastic. It's genuinely scary, but it's surprisingly hilarious and the story has a lot of heart. One of the best set of teenage characters I've ever seen on film and they all work off each other really well. I never expected it to have this much heart and humor, so I was really surprised. The crowd LOVED it (this movie demands being seen in a crowded theater) and WOM will be sensational.

A

I'm confident in saying it'll be a classic in the horror genre. 

-  @Noctis

• Like 17

#s 141-160

141 A Bad Moms Christmas
142 Cars 3
143 Daddy's Home 2
144 I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore
145 The Boss Baby
146 The Discovery
147 The Glass Castle
148 The Trip to Spain
149 Underworld: Blood Wars