to some, this may be worse than the fake out  :P 

• Like 3

Spoiler

Coco

coco_ver7_xlg.jpg

hcg0FPr.png

U95j3Wb.png

From @Fancyarcher

This is really a film that people need to see for themselves. It goes off in directions I didn’t even see coming. It’s a visually animated treat, and features a touching moving story with memorable characters. With Coco, Pixar proves, they’ve still got it.

From @The Shape of Pasta

At this point, we are no strangers to Pixar delivering us stories in wonderfully offbeat worlds charged with intense emotion, but COCO is only the latest example in the ways that Pixar can rock what it does best. I was worried going in that it would be a very westernized and somewhat racist look at Dia De Los Muertos, but it is clear to see that Pixar clearly took so much care and heart in representing this story, and with every detail, it shows.

The strength of the movie lies in the dynamics of Miguel (who feels like one of the most sincere and well written child protagonists in quite some time) and his family, both living and deceased. Even amidst the jaw dropping visuals of The Land of the Dead, Coco acknowledges the power of love and family, especially in Mexican Culture, And each character feels genuine and concerned. I won’t dive into too much depth here, lest I delve into spoiler territory, but while some of the twists may be predictable, they work all the better to drive these points home.

Also, I see your first ten minutes of UP and raise you the last ten minutes of COCO. While arguably not as tragic, I dare you not to tear up in the final encounter between Miguel and Grandma Coco, as Pixar delivers one of its most emotionally beautiful and jaw dropping climaxes ever. This is a movie you’ll truly want to hold in your proud corazon.

User Reviews:

Pixar's latest masterpiece may well be their best. It's not a sin for a film to have cliches; the best rework cliches to make something wholly new. We may have seen aspects of Coco before, both in other Pixar films and general storytelling, but never have they come to life in such a cohesive way as this film. Coco tells the most human story of them all, one of a boy who wishes to find his own way in the world and how he finds his family through that. A beautiful film that makes me laugh, cry, and resonates just as strongly on the fifth watch as the first. Absolutely lovely. @Poe Blankeron

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Way too low. 

• Like 1