That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Told you all that this will do 200+ in 3 days.

It's so easy to predict these type of movies nowadays. Too bad most posters here do not know how to gauge REAL world hype and buzz along with other factors that can catapult a movie into stratosphere.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

Someone make a Black Panther over 600 m club.

In general we don't let people make clubs after we already have numbers.

Besides, we already have many lovely Black Panther clubs. No need for any more.

Just now, vc2002 said:

Are Marvel vs Star Wars clubs allowed?

Just now, aabattery said:

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

How many of those clubs predict BP will be the biggest movie since 2015?

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

OK cool.

But I guess all of us have been shocked by how BP will even challenge TLJ now.

In the snapchat group chat for work, one of my co workers who is on shift tonight sent 

''Some little kid just came up and asked me who the President of Hollywood is :lol:''

I didn't reply because nobody would have understood, but I might as well have said Kevin Feige

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

Why is Solo not a good fit for BP?

Theyre both tentpoles, and that creates an assumption that only minority audiences are seeing BP and that minority audiences seeing a tent pole wouldn’t be interested in a tentpole

I didn't say Solo wasn't a good fit, I said Uncle Drew and Wrinkle would be much better fits, because they would. Obviously it's not the case of only black people are going to see Panther, but irregardless, BP will still be uncharacteristically bringing out black audiences, like Compton did. Panther will be bringing out a lot of [black] people who rarely or never go to the movies in the same way Passion did Christians and Sniper did middle America.

Trailers should be attached according to the demographics of the audience and the geographic area. Shouldn't matter how big the OW is supposed to be or if it's a tentpole. Pretty sure I got that weird teen Mars love story movie with Star Wars. Felt very random and wasted. Just because it's a tentpole though doesn't mean it should sell only tentpoles. 

This is Uncle Drew's best chance to make an impression outside of the NBA Playoffs. It's basketball centric and stars Kyrie Irving, Lil Rel, who will be instantly recognizable coming off Get Out, Tiffany Haddish, who will be instantly recognizable coming off Girls Trip, is NBA affiliated, and has a great vibe. Wrinkle in Time comes out next month, is a tentpole, but is already a tougher sell, stars a young black lead, and includes Oprah, whos the goat. 

Solo will get plenty of airtime with Wrinkle, Avengers, and maybe March Madness. No I'm not saying Solo shouldn't be in front of BP because black people won't care about it, but I am saying Uncle Drew, as non-tentpolly as it is, is something that will really pique black audiences' interest and can make a lasting impression, and Wrinkle will make itself known.

It's no different than I'm Simon working in front of Call Me Your Name or Mamma Mia Returns working in front of Showman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jandrew said:

Post some trailer reports please. Not sure why that thread was let go, but I'm curious as to what's attached to BP.

Here's what I got:

-I know I had a trailer before JW, but I can't remember what it was

-Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

-Ready Player One

-Red Sparrow

-Ant-Man and the Wasp

-Solo

What's weird is that the trailers that played for JW and RPO weren't the new ones, but the ones that released in December. I don't know if that's what ByDeluxe attached, or that was what my theater did, but it was kinda weird.