That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

18 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Boy howdy Black Panther sure is great. Wow. Blew past my expectation, removed the ceiling for what a MCU movie can be. Joins with TLJ, Blade Runner, and the Apes movies as the best franchise blockbuster since 2010 by a fair margin

MCU ceiling is very low since Iron Man 1

41 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Here's what I got:

-I know I had a trailer before JW, but I can't remember what it was

-Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

-Ready Player One

-Red Sparrow

-Ant-Man and the Wasp

-Solo

What's weird is that the trailers that played for JW and RPO weren't the new ones, but the ones that released in December. I don't know if that's what ByDeluxe attached, or that was what my theater did, but it was kinda weird.

I got:

-Deadpool 2 

-Uncle Drew

-Game Night

-Venom

-Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

-Solo

-Ant-Man and the Wasp

JW was the old one, Deadpool was the brand new one, so it got lots of laughs throughout. I heard a couple folks shouting "watch out, Spider-Man" when they realized what the Venom trailer was. And yes, Uncle Drew was an appropriate trailer choice by the theater, enough of the audience laughed at Shaq.

Just now, kitik said:

I got:

-Deadpool 2 

-Uncle Drew

-Game Night

-Venom

-Solo

-Ant-Man and the Wasp

JW was the old one, Deadpool was the brand new one, so it got lots of laughs throughout. I heard a couple folks shouting "watch out, Spider-Man" when they realized what the Venom trailer was. And yes, Uncle Drew was an appropriate trailer choice by the theater, enough of the audience laughed at Shaq.

VENOM

@Jandrew That was what my first trailer was.

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

VENOM

@Jandrew That was what my first trailer was.

Oh God please no. Please don't waste my trailer space on that. I want Uncle Drew, Avengers, Skyscraper, MI6, and Incredibles (so my dad can get all giddy), but watch me get Game Night, Venom, Red Sparrow, and Early Man. Geez.

Whatever happened to Deadpool? Nobody got that??

Edited by Jandrew

I know it may seem weird but maybe put some China headlines in this weekend thread as well. The numbers over there are absolutely the biggest of all time. As of 2pm local time its theirs films are totalling up to 1.011B yuan (159m USD). It will be the largest single day for a single market. Monster Hunter 2 is looking look it will break Force Awakens record, and 3 other huge films are playing same release weekend.

• Like 2

I remember not being interested watching the first BP trailer. After being shocked by these mega opening numbers, I went back to watch the other trailers and TV spots, and I still found myself not being hooked.

I guess it's a good thing from a boxoffice pespective, because that's one way to get yourself amazed, and as a boxoffice follower you want to be amazed.  And BP's OW surely is jaw-droppingly amazing.:ohmygod:

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Oh God please no. Please don't waste my trailer space on that. I want Uncle Drew, Avengers, Skyscraper, MI6, and Incredibles (so my dad can get all giddy), but watch me get Game Night, Venom, Red Sparrow, and Early Man. Geez.

Whatever happened to Deadpool? Nobody got that??

Some people here said they got Uncle Drew and MI6, so there's two possibilities right there.

10 minutes ago, kitik said:

I got:

-Deadpool 2 

-Uncle Drew

-Game Night

-Venom

-Solo

-Ant-Man and the Wasp

Scratch Game Night and Venom and I can work with this list. I'm not hating on Venom because it's cool, the trailer just shows absolutely nothing and the movie is too far away (my birthday btw, mark your calendars).

I swear I better get Uncle Drew, I'm not playin'.

Edited by Jandrew

It looks like the options are:

Disney: Ant-Man, Solo (confirmed)

WB: Game Night, Rampage, Ready Player One

Fox: Deadpool, Red Sparrow

Paramount: Mission Impossible

Lionsgate: Uncle Drew

Universal: Jurassic World

Sony: Venom

Seems like the main variants are the WB and Fox stuff; the rest all depend whether or not your theater attaches them.

Just now, B D Joe said:

They should have been making these movies with non-white or non-male heros years ago.  Idiot studios, look how much money they've been missing out on.

"People don't want to see women or black people pictures."

- A sentence that has likely been uttered by clueless studio executives since the creation of the Hollywood studio.

• Like 2