That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

49 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Silver and Black hasn't even got a script written, it's not going to ready for February and The New Mutants is iffy, the delay by 10 months and reshoots doesn't fill me with hope. 

I would not be surprised if one of the many December films moves to February. 

Halloween likely will do very well, whether it can do over $55m OW remains to be seen. 

New Mutants may be in the GI Joe:Retaliation situation. Yes December is smashed in but it should be interesting what moves.

Halloween will do more likely north of $40 million ow if it’s good. $50 million ow if they bring in the nostalgic horror crowd, and the millenals in thanks to social media which Blumhouse is great at! Just as long as it’s not a Cult Of Chucky then I’m down.

19 hours ago, Jandrew said:

Awesome! Are you able to give more of a breakdown of other cities? I felt like this movie would blow up on the east coast and the south, especially cities like Atlanta, Houston, DC, Chicago, Memphis, etc, etc.

Is SC coming through at all?

LA, NYC performing normal levels over performing Chi, Atlanta,Washington Philly,Houston , Columbia quite few others

Canada pretty much normal level

• Like 22
  • Astonished 1

The thing about Lion King is, seriously, how different can it really look from Jungle Book? $400M is doable, but man, yall are getting pretty lofty with it. I can't see it ever replicating and conjuring the same love we show for the original.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rth Wakanda said:

LA, NYC performing normal levels over performing Chi, Atlanta,Washington Philly,Houston , Columbia quite few others

Canada pretty much normal level

I knew Columbia would show out. Knew all those cities would. East coast is repping this one, not the west!

Thanks!

@ecstasy

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

The thing about Lion King is, seriously, how different can it really look from Jungle Book? $400M is doable, but man, yall are getting pretty lofty with it. I can't see it ever replicating and conjuring the same love we show for the original.

my plan this July is to put up a Finding Dory Still #1 Animated Movie DOM club next year because I don't think Lion King Remake will top it

(and YES Lion King "live-action" is an animated movie.)

5 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

It will surpass Beauty and the Beast numbers. Its been decades and the Broadway shows based on the movie still do well.

18 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

Near future movies that could break a month’s OW records

Jan - Glass? As Astra?

Feb - Black Panther just did it

March - Captain Marvel? 30%

April - Shazam! ? 30%

May - Infinity War Part 1 PROBABLY

June - Jurassic World 2? (Probably not)

July - The Lion King FOR SURE

Aug - Untitled DC/WB Film?

Sep - IT Chapter 2 

Oct - Halloween, Venom, First Man

Nov - Wonder Woman 2, Frozen 2 wondy + 160M Frozen over 200M!!!

Dec - SW Episode X

Other potential records that could be broken this year or next

Animated OW and DOM: The Incredibles 2, The Grinch, Frozen 2, Toy Story 4

R-Rated OW and DOM: Deadpool 2, IT Chapter 2

Memorial Day: Solo, Aladdin

Lowest Grossing 7th entry to a franchise: Transformers 7

Highest Grossing Movie to never take the #1 spot: Wicked

Just now, Alexiswills12 said:

It will surpass Beauty and the Beast numbers. Its been decades and the Broadway shows based on the movie still do well.

the spectacle of the Broadway show is a lot more obvious than just CG

Jungle Book 2016 only works because live-action Mowgli grounds us. Lion King doesn't have that

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

the spectacle of the Broadway show is a lot more obvious than just CG

Jungle Book 2016 only works because live-action Mowgli grounds us. Lion King doesn't have that

It’ll do amazing. The Lion King is beloved as hell. People won’t care as long as the CG is freaking amazing. They already know that there are no humans in the story.