That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

8 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

Black Panther’s range will be something like this (assuming Sunday is underestimate by about 5m)

FSG: 386m

BvS Multi: 391.6m

SM3: 438m

DH2: 442m

CW multi: 449m

IM3: 462.7m

AOU Multi: 472.8m

F7: 473m

IM2: 480m

SS: 481m

MOS: 494m

Logan: 505m

Ragnarok: 507m

IT: 523m

GOTG VOL2: 524m

Hunger Games: 528m

Catching Fire: 530m

Deadpool: 541.8m

TDKR: 551m

TLJ: 555m

SMH: 562m

BATB: 570.7m

Avengers Multi: 591m

IM: 639m

TDK: 664m

RO: 676m

SM: 696m

GOTG: 697m

TFA: 747m

WW: 788m

Zootopia: 895m

Frozen: 1.176B

Jumanj: 2B

Showman: 3.447B

Titanic: 3.788B

So the range is from 380MM to 3.7B. Might as well have not posted a thing all. Lol.  Who let these redditors in here. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think either Frozen or Wonder Woman 2 will break the November record. Grinch should do well but I think it'll be more leggy compared to SLOP but with a lower ow

Frozen 2 opens on a Wednesday though, so it's likely the 3-day will fall short. Among Wednesday openers, I think only Shrek 2 has an adjusted 3-day OW higher than the November record (Shrek 2's 3-day adjusts to almost $160 million). Wonder Woman 2 could do it, but it definitely won't be easy. I agree about Grinch being more a leggy run- it doesn't seem like the type of hyped film that would attract a large opening.

14 minutes ago, aabattery said:

199.9M weekend for max hilarity.

Hollywood Reporter: "Black Panther Falls $1 Short of $200 Million, Still A Top 5 Opening"

CNN: "Black Panther Falls $1 Short of $200 Million, Russia Likely To Blame Says Insider"

Fox: "Black Panther Falls $1 Short of $200 Million, Clintons May Have Conspired To Keep That $1, Disney Investigating"

Jezebel: "Black Panther Falls $1 Short of $200 Million, Wasn't Black Enough"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Black Panther's success really surprised me. I knew it would be big, but not this big.

Of course, I have been absent from here for the past few weeks, so that might explain that.

A few weeks ago tracking was at 100-110 m OW so...

2 minutes ago, Ghostbusters! said:

So the range is from 380MM to 3.7B. Might as well have not posted a thing all. Lol.  Who let these redditors in here. 

I’d like to see your range be more accurate than mine.  That’s right, go craw back to your subreddit.

12 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Sorry meant MS not MI.  Mississippi.  

TX - 10, IL - 12, NY - 13, TN - 14, FL - 15, AR - 27

-SD, MA, MO (#51) round out the bottom 3 right now

SD and MT in the bottom 3?  I am not shocked.  

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

WB has really squandered the potential box office of the DC Films. 

Wonder Woman 2 bout to open very big, legs point to that, but 169 will still be super tough for it

5 hours ago, AJ2k said:

When watching the trailer for Red Sparrow I mentioned to my wife that this looks a hell of a lot like Black Widow's flashback in Age of Ultron and she said she was thinking the same thing lol. It really looked just like a set up for a Black Widow movie. Marvel dropped the ball on that. 

Why do people assume a hypothetical BW movie would be an origin story?

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Wonder Woman 2 bout to open very big, legs point to that, but 169 will still be super tough for it

That franchise is fine. But the “brand” power of the DCEU is non existent.

hell they officially don’t like being called DCEU! 

• Like 2

Just now, Chewy said:

It doesn't even need much to beat the November record, just need to do $1-2m more than Catching Fire and they've got it. 

6 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Frozen 2 opens on a Wednesday though, so it's likely the 3-day will fall short. Among Wednesday openers, I think only Shrek 2 has an adjusted 3-day OW higher than the November record (Shrek 2's 3-day adjusts to almost $160 million). Wonder Woman 2 could do it, but it definitely won't be easy. I agree about Grinch being more a leggy run- it doesn't seem like the type of hyped film that would attract a large opening.

A lot of the promos for the Grinch isn't inspiring unlike what they did with SLOP.