That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

They really should commend themselves on this entire phenomenon cuz these are not single comic book movie numbers these are straight up team up numbers so wow this is exciting and shocking at the same time. Representation really goes along way from Wonder Woman's entire domestic box office run to this 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

It's still something that irks me. That's like the most low-key racist thing Disney's ever done.

The storyline was there before they cast anyone. They decided to do an interracial family because TJ rocked his audition. He’s also the anchor for everything — he’s the Everykid that the audience can identify with.

• Like 4

Back in ‘08 when Iron Man came out who would have honestly believed that 10 years later the 18th MCU movie would be opening close to $200 million. An origin movie for a ‘lesser character’ no less. Extraordinary. 

This franchise - I just have no words. I’m an admirer, but the stability of it is truly remarkable.  A one off that just couldn’t be replicated. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I can’t believe this thing is challenging AOU.

I can. It's been cooking for weeks. It's gonna blow past AoU total like nobody's business. OW is just the beginning. Perfect storms like this go really big. AoU was not even a storm let alone perfect. This is TA level shit buzz-wise. 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

In America.  and it's "mer-uh-land"

Im supposed to listen to the math of someone that pronounces Maryland “mer-uh-land”?

Do you call her “Mary J Blige” or “Mer-uh J Blige”?

• Haha 1

This is like Wonder Woman on acid, crack & coke.

Also, Disney will rule this year and other studios should just not show up next year if they don't want to suffer embarrassment when Mickey releases :

Avengers 4

Aladdin

Lion King

Toy Story 4

Frozen 2

Star Wars 9

Oops, Forgot Captain cheese & little flying elephant.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3