That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Drilling down on Black Panther‘s performance: Six out of the top 10 locations were in New York, two in Los Angeles (Arclight Hollywood and Burbank), Atlantic Station in Atlanta and DC’s Tysons. Black Panther had 612 runs gross north of $100,000 for the weekend; of those, 119 venues did over $200K, 20 did $300K+, and five minted $400K. AMC Empire NY cleared $500K, while AMC Atlantic Station’s shot past $600K over the three days. One studio analyst this morning projects a $500M final domestic B.O. for Black Panther.

Source: http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/

Pfff, lies! It will gross over 600million.

But wow at those numbers.

• Like 2

Crazy to think we now have 5 movies over 200M OW that is insane and and it will soon be 6 come May. I am absolutely floored with how well BP is doing so happy for this film after CW he was the solo film I wanted to see the most and did it live up to the hype.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alexiswills12 said:

Drilling down on Black Panther‘s performance: Six out of the top 10 locations were in New York, two in Los Angeles (Arclight Hollywood and Burbank), Atlantic Station in Atlanta and DC’s Tysons. Black Panther had 612 runs gross north of $100,000 for the weekend; of those, 119 venues did over $200K, 20 did $300K+, and five minted $400K. AMC Empire NY cleared $500K, while AMC Atlantic Station’s shot past $600K over the three days. One studio analyst this morning projects a $500M final domestic B.O. for Black Panther.

Source: http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/

Pfff, lies! It will gross over 600million.

But wow at those numbers.

Gotta love it when they undershoot the numbers to maintain the element of surprise.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Am I the only one thinking that BP will do more than Infinity War?

From what I am reading, Panther's huge success has been propelled by African Americans and has gotten people to theaters to watch a Marvel flick that normally wouldn't have come. For me it has broken the Marvel boarders right now and has a more wide target audience. I don't see Infinity War doing any of these. 

It will be a Wonder Woman-Justice League scenario but at a far smaller scale.

Except IW will do more worldwide unlike the WW/JL situation.

2 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Team up movies don't equal more box office automatically.  How many times are people going to fall for that. Adding BP to IW and putting him front and center doesn't mean more box office.   Black Panther is the Wonder Woman.  

How the hell is the situation with the dc movies even similar ? JL was in trouble , everybody knew it and people assumed that WW big bo numbers would help a bit so WB made the marketing of JL a bit more WW-oriented in a last minute half assed effort to save a doomed movie, IW has the been the most hyped film in years, way before black panther opened and doesn’t need a change in marketing (putting bp front and center) as a last minute resort and IT WONT HAVE A CHANGE IN MARKETING. Seriously sometimes I feel like this forum is the twilight zone or something with the things I am reading. 

Some of you are acting as if IW is this insignificant film that might be a bit lucky that BP is doing well.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Am I the only one thinking these JL jokes are getting a little old?

Not until we reach more JL jokes than dollars JL made at the box office will it get old.

So by next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Team up movies don't equal more box office automatically.  How many times are people going to fall for that. Adding BP to IW and putting him front and center doesn't mean more box office.   Black Panther is the Wonder Woman.  

Infinity War sure as shit isn't the JL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2