That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Don't tell me Nic Cage as Superman wouldn't have been better than the entire last decade of superhero movies combined. The world just wasn't ready.

Death of Superman Lives depresses me so much I can't watch it. Burton was still legit talent then. Storyboards looked incredible. As a Pittsburgh kid, I couldn't wait for my city to be Metropolis and my favorite director to film there. Just... Fuck. The world wasn't ready. That flick was gonna make Batman Returns look like Mary Poppins.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

After Batman and Robin, superhero stock was pretty low. It really took X-Men and Spider-Man to get audiences interested again. 

I'm glad Marvel has been hugely successful and I think not having X-Men and initially Spider-Man helped them rather than hindered them wheres Warner Bros were just happy to make Batman and the odd Superman movie but Marvel made them realised they'd been sitting on untapped potential, even though their films have been hit and miss, we've had a Wonder Woman film with a sequel next year, an Aquaman movie this year and a Shazam movie next year, that would have been unthinkable even a decade ago.

Makes me interested to see what Marvel does next. I'm looking forward to all their films, and even some of DC's (never thought I'd see an Aquaman film). It's a great time to be a comic book fan, that's for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

So you're just ignoring the evidence we already have then?

I don't understand sorry. You posted a chart that said Black Panther had previews as a smaller % of its OW than civil war and avengers. But that's just speculation because we don't have any numbers.

Favorite Marvel film is still Iron Man

That's the film that started it all IMHO

Right now I believe Black Panther is 4th on my list

1. Iron Man

2. Captain America: Winter Solider

3. Thor 3: Ragnarok 

4. Black Panther

5. the rest....... 

Edited by Chad Stevens

Just now, Chad Stevens said:

Favorite Marvel film is still Iron Man

That's the film that started it all IMHO

IMO Iron Man is a 2008 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Paramount Pictures. It is the first film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film was directed by Jon Favreau, with a screenplay by the writing teams of Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby and Art Marcum and Matt Holloway. It stars Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man, alongside Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges, Shaun Toub, and Gwyneth Paltrow.

IMHO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We can all agree that Thor 2 and Incredible Hulk are the worst MCU movies, right? Most people often tend to forget the existence of the latter (for understandable reasons).

My friend and his wife have started a complete MCU rewatch leading up to Infinity War.

Well, almost. 

His wife said, "Oh, we're not watching Incredible Hulk."

• Haha 1