That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

It's awesome to see Black Panther have a chance at crossing 200M. Just a few months ago, I thought it's weekend would be roughly the amount that it got on Friday alone.

I'm also happy to see that Samson is even on the Top 10 at all; it's currently in 9th, but maybe it can edge out Maze Runner to get 8th.

Seeing Early Man left out in the cold like this is disheartening. It probably deserved a lot better than this. When it was going to release, it couldn't have known Black Panther, along with Jumanji, Greatest Showman, and Peter Rabbit, would swarm it like they seem to be.

Another thought: faith-based audiences are largely choosing to see 15:17 to Paris over Samson. Pure Flix needs to step up their quality game.

2 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

Black Lightning. The newest addition to CW's DC Verse. She is playing the role of Thunder, the daughter of Black Lightning.

Shit, I have yet to see the most recent episode because Netflix only releases them here a week after they air in America. Didn't recognize her in that makeup and suit.

4 minutes ago, slambros said:

It's awesome to see Black Panther have a chance at crossing 200M. Just a few months ago, I thought it's weekend would be roughly the amount that it got on Friday alone.

I'm also happy to see that Samson is even on the Top 10 at all; it's currently in 9th, but maybe it can edge out Maze Runner to get 8th.

Seeing Early Man left out in the cold like this is disheartening. It probably deserved a lot better than this. When it was going to release, it couldn't have known Black Panther, along with Jumanji, Greatest Showman, and Peter Rabbit, would swarm it like they seem to be.

Another thought: faith-based audiences are largely choosing to see 15:17 to Paris over Samson. Pure Flix needs to step up their quality game.

I’m going to say, most audiences of faith probably saw Black Panther this weekend, not 15:17 to Paris.

I don’t think most people of faith necessarily feel like they need to go see movies about it.

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

Shit, I have yet to see the most recent episode because Netflix only releases them here a week after they air in America. Didn't recognize her in that makeup and suit.

It's Nafeesa Williams and yeah, she is almost unrecognizable in that particular shot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

Black Panther DOM over RPO, WIT, Tomb Rider, Rampage and Pacific Rim 2 DOM grosses combined

Like three weeks ago, I would have said 'That's impossible', but now...

If BP has good legs and grosses $500M (That would be good legs, $400M would be atrocious and $465M would be totally okay (of course an Impressive total, but just okay legs))

Just Imagine

on the beginning of the last Year SM3 was the highest Superhero Origin Movie, than Wonder Woman overtook it and now Black Panther has a solid Chance of overtaking Wonder Woman.

Okay back to the initial part of this post:

RPO, WIT, Tomb Raider, Rampage and Pacific Rim 2 under $500M

Would  happen if something like 

75 happens. I think at least RPO, WIT and Rampage could perform stronger.

But it definitely is possible. Especially if one of them grosses just $50M.

29 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Wow this is stunning. Should clear 500M and push 600M. This and Wonder Woman will combine to make around 1 Billion Domestic amazing. Hopefully studios take notice

Hopefully they will be. Remember how everybody jumped on the 3D train after Avatar, the gritty train after TDK, and the hard R comedy train after Hangover? Studios are followers, after those, plus F&F, I think they're finally waking up to the importance of diversity the cast, characters, and the audience.

5 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

That is impossible.

Unless BP develops legs like Jumanji, Avatar, The Greatest Showman or Titanic.:hahaha:

I wish it had released in December...would have destroyed TLJ and Jumanji wouldn't have done nearly as much as it did.

Edited by marveldcfox

28 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

There is more than one on TV right now, and even one who is lesbian:

tumblr_p44r0ntQhB1tulezoo1_1280.jpg

The next (and actual) "first" superhero would be LGBTQ, and compared to WW or BP it would be actually bold not only for the genre but for modern blockbusters in general (see how afraid studios are in BATB, Thor 3 and perhaps FB2).

Northstar movie coming