grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Actually thought the trailers were pretty great, surprised its looking like itll get worse reception than FK

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Someone's vastly overreacting.

That or you posted your reactions to tweets about 20 minutes too early.

Popular discourse is that movie has less focus on dinosaurs in both good and bad reviews.

But who knows, maybe that is enough. 

The reactions to this being considered "mixed" this early probably doesn't bode well at all for the reviews on Wednesday.

Still gonna see this over the weekend obviously but I can't say I'm expecting much after how meh Fallen Kingdom was and this one looking similarly rote despite the welcome return of Neill and of course Dern.

28 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

If this movie somehow touches a Billion Dollar Gross from here, it'll be the greatest Box Office run of any Jurassic Movie.

I don't know how a movie can survive with so much negativity.

The same way Fallen Kingdom did

Also remember, Transformers 4 did, but the reviews won't likely be as bad

Edited by Yandereprime101189

26 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

27 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Let's see, hopefully it does. But my hopes and expectations are down completely. 

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

If this movie somehow touches a Billion Dollar Gross from here, it'll be the greatest Box Office run of any Jurassic Movie.

If Age of Extinction could survive and made over $1.1B with that kind of abominable reception then Dominion also could. Jurassic is millions more superior than Transformers franchise.

Yeah reception from people I know seems really bad. A big complaint I heard was

that the "villain" of the film aren't even actually dinosaurs but the corporation and fuckin locusts

for some reason. I've seen some people enjoy it though. This is going to be mixed but probably very much on the negative side.

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Jon Favreau’s The Lion King (2019) survived it’s negativity and that one is amongst the top 10 highest grossing films worldwide of all time.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

8 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Jon Favreau’s The Lion King (2019) survived it’s negativity and that one is amongst the top 10 highest grossing films worldwide of all time.

Lion King had good reception from GA though, which...ultimately will be the test for this film as well anyway. What the GA thinks of the film matters more than what critics think of it.

Now, why did the GA like lion king (2019)? I have absolutely no clue. But that's a different convo, I guess.

7 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Lion King had good reception from GA though, which...ultimately will be the test for this film as well anyway. What the GA thinks of the film matters more than what critics think of it.

Now, why did the GA like lion king (2019)? I have absolutely no clue. But that's a different convo, I guess.

True. You’re right. GA did like that movie just enough to make $1.6B+ WW, hence the considerably higher audience rating. 👩🏻‍💼💁🏻‍♀️👍🏻

I was more going for the critic reception as a comparison. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

4 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Now, why did the GA like lion king (2019)?

Because the core concept and storyline of movies is so good and universal in nature.

Evil Person kills his Brother for throne, tried to kill the child but the child survives and grow up somewhere far.

The evil person meanwhile rules for years and his evilness is increased.

The child now grown up somehow due to some shenanigans gets to know the truth, and then he comes back, take the revenge and ascends to the throne that is rightfully his.

Strong emotional core, tried and tested formula, will work in almost all cultures and Nations, only thing is getting the storytelling right, which wasn't a problem for John because he had to copy paste the material..... Had it been as good as it could've been though, 2 Billion was there for the taking.