grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yeah I think this is boned. Boring is the death knell for reception. I don't know how you could be handed a premise like "dinos in the world" and make it boring.

Yeah right? Im puzzled by the "its boring" reactions. Making a bad movie per se isnt necessarily bad for its legs/audience reception, but making a boring movie gets you a low multiplier and poor WOM regardless of quality.

Still, i refuse to not look forward to seeing it.

Sorry guys it's my fault.

I once said I'm incapable of disliking an MCU movie - Black Widow and Eternals released 

Then i said that dislike is fine but I'm incapable of Hating an MCU movie - Scarlett Witch in No Multiverse No Madness released.

In same conversation i said that I'm incapable of disliking a Jurassic Movie - And..... 

• Haha 3

I didn't saw the movie yet but my friends said to me it's boring and mismarketed as well.

The end of FK and the trailers promissed a global adventure with the dinosaurs around the world and people learning to deal with it, and from what i'm told well... 

I'm actually sad because i was exciting after the trailers thinking it would be just a dumb fun picture like JW, but whatever. 

I still don't think this will be hated or something like this, but if the cinemascore ended up being real bad maybe they should give it another decade before another movie.

5 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Jon Favreau’s The Lion King (2019) survived it’s negativity and that one is amongst the top 10 highest grossing films worldwide of all time.

It had potential to do 2.5B, so not much of surviving and needless to say TLK is much much much bigger brand than this one.

18 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yeah I think this is boned. Boring is the death knell for reception. I don't know how you could be handed a premise like "dinos in the world" and make it boring.

Well, based on the reviews it sounds like…

Spoiler

They stupidly leaned away from this “dinos in the world” concept. I hated FK, but the idea of dinosaurs finally roaming the planet as humans try to coexist with them was as perfect as a sequel set up as you’re likely to see, so to hear they’ve NOT done that is just mindblowingly dumb.

Currently holds 88 percent on RT after 8 reviews. Most of the reviews are mix positive, though. Aggregate looks to be roughly 6/10 for now. I could see this pulling 150-70 OW. This will take over the standard showings while Maverick maintains its hold for the premium ticket experience. I don't see the WOM holding up on this one. 50+ drop on second weekend. 

I refuse to believe that this could be any worse than Fallen Kingdom, which took an immediate nosedive after the first 30 minutes. However, some critics are saying it is. I simply just can't see it being THAT bad.

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Wonder how high can Dominion do OS, to get to $1B WW, comfortably despite the mixed reception? Since this has China (unlike DS2).

With the start so far, 650M OS (including China) looks like a safe bet to me, even with the mixed reception. 350 from DOM should not be a problem otherwise i will implode so 1 billion worldwide is still very much reachable.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Eric the Last Dinosaur said:

Erik Davis cannot say that any movie is bad or boring, would be awful for his site. Maybe some day when he's moved on from Fandango he can actually tweet out what were his real reactions to movies.

Trevorrow is an awful writer. Starting with the first one where somehow the I Rex can communicate with the raptors just because it is “part raptor” and the moving on to the second one where we have Dino auctions and a girl releasing a bunch of dinosaurs into the public for no reason. Still despite all that, I enjoyed the  first and even overall enjoyed FK so hope this one follows suit 

1 hour ago, ThePhasmid said:

Currently holds 88 percent on RT after 8 reviews. Most of the reviews are mix positive, though. Aggregate looks to be roughly 6/10 for now.

I smell another Wonder Woman 84 slow collapse to Rotten on this one.

Just now, AJG said:

I smell another Wonder Woman 84 slow collapse to Rotten on this one.

It's won't even be a slow collapse, WW84 was an actual surprise since it was at +80% with more than 100 reviews.

Right now it's at 88% but pretty much all the reviews are spanish, with a super low 6 average. Once the US / Europe reviews drop tomorrow things should drop rotten right after.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Trevorrow is an awful writer. Starting with the first one where somehow the I Rex can communicate with the raptors just because it is “part raptor” and the moving on to the second one where we have Dino auctions and a girl releasing a bunch of dinosaurs into the public for no reason. Still despite all that, I enjoyed the  first and even overall enjoyed FK so hope this one follows suit 

I urge people to watch Book of Henry without reading a synopsis or watching a trailer. A truly perplexing piece of nonsense.

• Like 1

Gitesh is mixed-positive on it. Though i dont know if hes the type to just like every movie or not. His points give me hope though. Again, if the action is fun enough and they get the old characters right, that could balance out the weak story/dialogue elements for many of the GA.

Or im already high on copium, could also be the case.

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Gitesh is mixed-positive on it. Though i dont know if hes the type to just like every movie or not. His points give me hope though. Again, if the action is fun enough and they get the old characters right, that could balance out the weak story/dialogue elements for many of the GA.

Or im already high on copium, could also be the case.

As long as it's forgettable fun it'll make a billie