grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

34 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Im of the opinion that The Lion King 2019 is one of the worst movies of the 2010s decade. Every single thing this movie makes, the original did far better.

Im still traumatized how they bottled Be Prepared.

Strong agree. Visually astonishing but utterly soulless.  Considering how massive it was you seldom hear people even talk of it now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

i just rewatched Jurassic Park III and that movie’s ninety minute running time feels like a revelation.  Actually liked it more tonight than I ever have done. 

Spoiler

alan-animal.gif

Spoiler

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur

Just now, wildphantom said:

cut that and Tea Leoni’s screaming out of it and I’d give it an extra half star! 

JP3 is the only JP movie i dont really like. Some sequences like the Pteranodon dome or the running gag with the satelite telephone are very entertaining, but these goddamn annoying parents ... they are the most annoying characters for me in the whole franchise. They should have gotten eaten!

12 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Strong agree. Visually astonishing but utterly soulless.  Considering how massive it was you seldom hear people even talk of it now. 

It's a tech demo released into cinemas.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

39% at 112 reviews

4,9/10 average.

Some of my favorite comments so far:

"In an almost impressive display of ineptitude, Dominion combines the very worst vices of its predecessors in addition to a few new ones for good measure."

"There’s not a single moment of genuine dread, fear or even mild unease."

"At one point Ellie looks at a captive Whateverasaurus and gushes that the wonder of seeing dinosaurs “never gets old.” It’s not really a good sign when a movie has to narrate for its audience what they are supposed to be feeling…especially when there is such a disconnect between what the characters say they feel and what emotions the film actually elicits."

"It’s not so much a movie as an extinction-level event for the franchise..."

"'Jurassic World Dominion' is a disaster 29 years in the making."

"I can’t imagine this is the last we’ll see of the franchise. As they say, life finds a way. Hopefully next time they’ll have actually figured out what they’re doing."

"Dominion becomes its very own Jurassic Park: Designed to thrill and enchant, it instead becomes a ride to survive."

"The few moments that do involve dinosaur and human interactions are repetitive chases that do little but reaffirm the invincibility of headliners and the utter impotence of what are supposed to be ultimate killing machines."

"Orchestrating two bland, wholly disconnected plotlines, Jurassic World Dominion reduces all of its legacy characters into blank sheets of paper walking through plot developments..."

"To quote Dr. Malcolm, “That is one big pile of shit.”"

"Turgid, messy, and hilariously stupid..."

"The Jurassic World franchise may have willingly chosen extinction with this final entry, but Dominion would've killed it off anyways."

"If anyone actually wants to see a genetic locust biochemical farming movie with their dinosaurs, Jurassic World: Dominion is the only genetic locust biochemical farming dinosaur movie of the summer."

• Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

JP3 is the only JP movie i dont really like. Some sequences like the Pteranodon dome or the running gag with the satelite telephone are very entertaining, but these goddamn annoying parents ... they are the most annoying characters for me in the whole franchise. They should have gotten eaten!

I’d have said the same before tonight, but for some reason it played better this evening.  It’s quite a good little movie overall.   

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I’d have said the same before tonight, but for some reason it played better this evening.  It’s quite a good little movie overall.   

Last time ive seen JP3 is actually at least 3 years ago. Maybe i need to give it another watch as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I used to love driving Jay crazy when I told him how JP3 > TLW.

Yeah lets not let this get out of hand, The Lost World is a lot better than JP3.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Last time ive seen JP3 is actually at least 3 years ago. Maybe i need to give it another watch as well.

you definitely don't ever need to rewatch jurassic park 3. like EVER.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RichWS said:

"It evokes less the splendor of '90s era Jurassic Park than it does the excess of '90s summer catastrophes like Wild Wild West or 1998's Godzilla."

This is a legacy sequel that hits the true nostalgia button.

This quote probably makes the movie seem more interesting than it is tbh.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RichWS said:

"It evokes less the splendor of '90s era Jurassic Park than it does the excess of '90s summer catastrophes like Wild Wild West or 1998's Godzilla."

This is a legacy sequel that hits the true nostalgia button.

Hank azaria GIF on GIFER - by Aragas

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

Everything I see of TLK 2019 still amazes me that so many people got together to make every wrong decision possible in remaking the movie.

And for all the flake Mulan got, at least they tried to take risks and made it different.

TLK2019 was just lazy and downright bad.