grim22

90th Annual Academy Awards | Live Discussion Thread | Ceremony starts now

Just now, B D Joe said:

Reminder that Three Billboards has been getting too much hate this oscar season.

and now that it didn't win best picture noooooo one will ever speak of it again starting tomorrow. and shape of water will be "the time the oscars gave best picture to a fish fucking movie" until the end of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Britt Robertson starring in an ABC legal show now instead of playing love interest to kids 10 years younger than her?

A step up by stepping down.

Should have just gotten a Nolan movie gig. She could be the safely asexual female who gets exposited to.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

They actually did a good job spreading the wealth this year. Only Lady Bird and The Post (though that was always a given) went home with nothing.

Lady Bird was probably second in too many categories. I think Supporting and Lead Actress for sure. Gerwig would have probably won Screenplay if not for Peele as well. It's a good movie but not enough of the Academy would latch onto it as most of them won't identify with the protagonist.

The Shape of Water and Get Out were my two picks for Best Picture.  I just couldn't choose between them, due to them being in different genres, yet excelling for the exact same reason: a clear, concise vision from an amazing director.  I'm just so happy that it wasn't Three Billboards!  Overall, I think the right people won.  VERY VERY excited about Coco, Allison Janney, Jordan Peele, and Guillermo Del Toro's wins.

I also liked all the sass and hard talk from the ladies about inclusive feminism; but, under I see results, I'm just going to thank them for their lip service and keep hoping this movement isn't a trend or a hashtag, but real change that's here to stay.