Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

10 minutes ago, MuffinMan said:

I said from the beginning the black community wasn't going to come out in the numbers they did for Black Panther. From the outlok Wrinkle In time doesn't even come across as a black movie besides maybe the inclusion of Oprah. 

59 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Darker added 1.5M to its total after weekend #5; that would put Freed at 99.9M (:rofl:).

However, Freed's drop this weekend was significantly worse than Darker's, obviously due to the harsh theater drop (nearly 1260 theaters lost), so its pace is probably going to put it around 99.5-99.6M without fudging.

That being said, Universal will more than likely not resist the possibility of an all-100M trilogy. Which means that they will probably go for a shameless fudgejob, and that there's a 90% chance that Freed hits 100M at this point.

Make that 100%. No movies are left stranded between 99-100M because of TV contracts and just the allure of the 100M number. Freed will get past 99M on it's own, up to 99.6M or so like you said, the Universal push will do the rest.

• Like 1

Wrinkle is a "normal" movie with a black girl as the lead. I have not seen it, but it doesn't seem to promote black culture/power. I'm surprised tho it didn't get a more black audience.

Edited by Alli

3 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Any guesses on final gross for Jumanji? Does it have enough to pass Civil War? I don’t think so. 

Jumanji is out on digital this week and Blu Ray in 2 weeks. Might get past Spider-Man to be Sony's highest grossing movie ever but the home video release will mean theaters start dropping it starting next week. Probably 404-405M finish.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alli said:

Wrinkle is a "normal" movie with a black girl as the lead. I have not seen it, but it doesn't seem to promote black culture/power. I'm surprised tho it didn't get a more black audience.

For some reason people treat Oprah like she's some kind of deity.  She has never been a box office draw and she hasn't really been a relevant personality for about a decade.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1