Eric Prime

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

24 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

I think it had a shot given that it’s being released in a weekend friendly setting and TFA was rather backloaded for how big it was.  But it’s still no lock, I’m thinking around 230-235m rn for 2nd largest OW.

I'm fully on board with it being locked for at least 2nd biggest OW. Unless it turns out to be shit, which, really, I highly doubt

Some projected Friday numbers...

TR - $8M

BP - $7M+

AWiT - ??

Love Simon - $5M

ICOI - ?? (previews split into $1.1M Thurs/$200K early week screening)

EDIT: Missed the THR numbers posted earlier, so here they are again:)...https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tomb-raider-digs-up-2m-thursday-night-love-simon-earns-850k-weekend-box-office-1094853

Edited by TwoMisfits

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Love, Simon is hitting 15M if that 5M number holds:

5M

6M (+20%)

4M (-33%)

15M Weekend

If Saturday previews aren't factored in, that's a 15.8M weekend

If Friday is 4.2 vs 5 doesn't change all the holding calculation ?

T: .8 M

F: 4.2 M

S: 5.04M (+20%)

S: 3.32M (-33%) 

13.3M

A bit irritating all those publication talking about friday number without saying is the big preview's are in them or not.... is it supposed to be obvious (I imagine otherwise why predict Black panther to win if TR would have a bigger true friday and a +2.1 head start)

Edited by Barnack

So Tomb Raider will probably do $18-$21 million this weekend. It’s Budget is the main concern, but it needs international to help out(which it will) big time!

But WB can get saved by Ready Player One and some of their modest budget titles so far this year.

as for I Can Only Imagine, not bad for a film I knew nothing about. And Love, Simon that’s also more with what tracking was expecting, I see it behaving like Paper Towns more than anything.

• ...wtf 1

So, the one Cinemark has added the extra ICOI 7pm showing for all weekend...

And in news that maybe ICOI won't be Friday or die, my normal local Cinemark did NOT add an extra Friday ICOI showing, BUT it has added as extra 2:30pm showing for ICOI to both Saturday and Sunday.  This is the local that added this movie last minute Tuesday (after seeing the above local doing so well in presales)...

2 minutes ago, slambros said:

I am very happy about I Can Only Imagine's box office! I think $10M+ is guaranteed at this point! I am actually in the theater about to watch it! I'm pretty excited!

the 'thanks' reaction was more of  'a toast to you my dude'. Good for you keeping your faith in the movies you believe in. I guess it goes to show how life rewards patience and persistence 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

So Tomb Raider will probably do $18-$21 million this weekend. It’s Budget is the main concern, but it needs international to help out(which it will) big time!

$94 million budget is not horrible for an opening of ~$25 mil or so. Should have okay legs. Overseas will give it a nice cushion, hopefully.

It's not like PRU where it that has an insanely high budget of $150 mil.

• Like 1