Eric Prime

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

People who pirate suck and I’ve no respect for them or their opinions. Cheap asses. 

People who pirate also don’t really love film. 

Poor people should just have shit lives with no pleasure because they deserve it!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Yes I definitely pirate, say, mid-20th century classics I can't get hold of legally because I don't really love cinema. 

How did someone manage to make a pirate of them if you can’t get a hold of them legally? 

It’s illegal for a reason. 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

How did someone manage to make a pirate of them if you can’t get a hold of them legally? 

By... being in a country where they were lucky enough to find them legally available in satisfying condition?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

By... being in a country where they were lucky enough to find them legally available in satisfying condition?

I could be wrong but I thought DVD releases were mostly the same WW, besides at that point they own the movie legally why rip a copy...

Edited by Ledmonkey96

I mean I'd never endorse pirating but I'm also fortunate enough to afford to not have to pirate. I don't know the circumstances of other people so I won't judge those who do pirate for whatever reason. Whether it be because of availability or cost etc 

Pirating definitely changed up the way the music industry is. Now streaming is a huge part of it. I'd be interested to see if movie theater chains do something to get more folks into the theater at an affordable cost. I've noticed lately by local AMC is always sending me discount tickets (not just on Tuesdays) and free snacks. So we will see where it goes.  

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Poor people with a computer, broadband to download them and a tv to watch them on? 

Gimme a break. 

You know being poor doesn’t mean you’re actually living in a gutter right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think it's opening sub-$15M quite easily tbh.

14,5M.

Thats the Opening Day number of the first film. Woud be hilarious, if this new one misses this number, considering the opening of the first one was already deemed disappointing back in 2013.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lol piracy issue is not cams during release 

It's those hd releases people watch and as a result the after market for most films is shitty at.

Last time I bought a blue ray was the force awakens.

This right here. Even in the UK our government has stopped the “piracy is killing the cinemas” route and focused more on the “piracy is killing the shops” route.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Yes I definitely pirate, say, mid-20th century classics I can't get hold of legally because I don't really love cinema. 

I watched Chungking Express for free online yesterday because I can't find it anywhere and I'm not paying $70 for the DVD.  But otherwise I try to stay away from pirating. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I could be wrong but I thought DVD releases were mostly the same WW

There are so many movies and different distributors (at least when it comes to older films) that a lot of stuff always slips through the cracks. Can't speak for other countries but in Russia this is exacerbated by both the quality of releases and dubbing. A lot of classic movies were released on DVD back in the day but very few have had blu-ray upgrades that they had in, say, the U.S. (thanks to both their studios and labels like Criterion), and I see no point in buying a DVD in that case. And certainly not all home video releases bother with the original audio track and well-translated subtitles, in which case again they don't get my money. Streaming hasn't exactly solved any of these problems either. 

But then again I wouldn't see anything wrong with pirating even if they were all solved. 

• Like 2