Eric Lasagna

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

9 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

http://www.justjared.com/2018/03/19/angelina-jolie-took-her-kids-to-see-love-simon-in-theaters/

This is certainly interesting. Angelina Jolie took some of her kids to the cineplex this weekend to see Love, Simon and not Tomb Raider.

If I make a twitter account and say that I saw Gary Barlow shit on a shop floor this morning, do I get a Just Jared article written for me?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Inflation happens. Soon $700M will be the new $600M.

Then 800, 900, 1 billion+, I personally think eventually though with the internet, streaming services and prices increasing slightly over years, eventually theaters may become the new Blockbuster and instead of tracking box office money we'll be tracking streaming counts or clicks or something. 

Edited by Belle

28 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I hope not.  A theater can hold your attention span.  Streaming, you can do other things...  Theaters usually give people full experiences that are review worthy.

I love the theater experience, but I can't sit through one whole movie without at least 2 breaks.

EDIT: Nvm was wrong about this part. 

Edited by Belle

5 minutes ago, Belle said:

I love the theater experience, but I can't sit through one whole movie without at least 2 breaks and eventually when inflation means I'm having to pay 25 bucks for one adult ticket I don't know. 

skip previews, sneak in a soda, pay the minimum, calculate bathroom breaks.  Then just sit and focus for 120 minutes paying attention to everything they are saying.  Maybe sit somewhere secluded where you can feel animated.

1 minute ago, Thematrixfilm said:

skip previews, sneak in a soda, pay the minimum, calculate bathroom breaks.  Then just sit and focus for 120 minutes paying attention to everything they are saying.  Maybe sit somewhere secluded where you can feel animated.

Thanks for the tips! 

10 minutes ago, Belle said:

I love the theater experience, but I can't sit through one whole movie without at least 2 breaks and eventually when inflation means I'm having to pay 25 bucks for one adult ticket I don't know. 

Inflation does not change the money purchasing power you pay (you make as much more money at work), you are not stopping going to theater now even if it cost 12 times more than in 1963 at face value to buy a ticket.

Theater ticket price didn't change that much over time and probably will not that much in the future either (except for the dinner/long chair experience/4D stuff):

Chart-2.png

movie_ticket_cost_chart_adjusted_1910-20

• Thanks 1

Just now, Barnack said:

Inflation does not change the money purchasing power you pay (you make as much more money at work), you are not stopping going to theater now even if it cost 12 times more than in 1963 at face value to buy a ticket.

Theater ticket price didn't change that much over time and probably will not that much in the future either (except for the dinner/long chair experience/4D stuff):

Chart-2.png

Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing it up! 

Also I think Pacific Rim 2 will open up number 1 this weekend. BP will probably be high teens this weekend and If Tomb Raider all things considered opened up to 23 mil then I think Pacific Rim 2 has a good shot at at least matching that. 

Edited by Belle

19 minutes ago, Belle said:

Also I think Pacific Rim 2 will open up number 1 this weekend. BP will probably be high teens this weekend and If Tomb Raider all things considered opened up to 23 mil then I think Pacific Rim 2 has a good shot at at least matching that. 

I also think Pacific Rim will open to low 20s but I got no idea what Sherlock Gnomes will be doing. I'm guessing mid-20s, maybe?

11 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

Man , with BP crumbling like this it will barely make top 3 DOM all time.

How is it crumbling? it had a good hold and a sub-40% decline from the weekend before... it is the 2nd fastest to 600M. Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Chart-2.png

The fact that wages don't increase equal to inflation costs does make it harder to buy tickets though.

17 minutes ago, Sal said:

The fact that wages don't increase equal to inflation costs does make it harder to buy tickets though.

You mean that in some era average ticket cost augmented faster than inflation that is true (some of it is an augmentation of people paying extra vs simple 2D screening too), but in general wage increase in a very similarpace than inflation, that why we are richer than ever, inflation adjusted household income broke an all time record in 2016 and would not be surprising for 2017 to beat it

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/2017/09/19/u-s-household-incomes-a-50-year-perspective

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MEHOINUSA672N

• Thanks 1

How is Death of Stalin's performance?

Mar 9–11 29 $184,805 - 4 - $46,201 $184,805 1
Mar 16–18 19 $537,497 +191% 32 +28 $16,797 $801,066 2

In the 3rd week The Post was in similar theaters and did

Jan 5–7 15 $1,698,027 +203% 36 +27 $47,167 $3,847,683 3

Now The Post was a much bigger film (to the degree that some of us are disappointed at only 80+ :ph34r:). DoS has a prod budget of only 8.2. It could do 15 dom and that's great.

3 hours ago, YLF said:

How is it crumbling? it had a good hold and a sub-40% decline from the weekend before... it is the 2nd fastest to 600M. Am I missing something?

Just meming about how it came in below expectations this weekend. Making an easy 650+ is obviously not actually crumbling.