Eric Burnett

Easter Weekend Thread: Official Weekend Actuals: RPO $41.8M ($53.7M 4-Day), Acrimony $17.2M, BP $11.5M, ICOI $10.4M, PRU $9.4M, IOD $2.9M, GND3 $2.7M

38 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Passagers would make a decent horror movie with if the movie started with JLaw's character POV, and only revealed why Pratt woke her up in the middle in the story.

Why the hell are we talking about Passengers?!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Cant wait for Quiet Place.  Finally a movie that looks worth rooting for and tracking. 

it comes out tomorrow here and can see several sold out shows near me.

• Astonished 1

Im excited to see A Quiet Place, but its going to be weird hearing people munching on their popcorn and drinking their sodas lol

Edited by YLF
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

700m seems back on the table for BP. Past its 7th weekend, WW made 32m. BP just made 1.66x WW over its 6th week. That puts another 53m in the bank for BP. Infinity War could help extended legs as well. I think Disney just might make an exception and fudge this one if they have to

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I doubt Quiet Place makes that much.  I am putting 20M for my derby, and I will not budge higher.  As a matter of fact, I should drop it down to 10.

It has a close to perfect critical track record so far, and social media is outpacing Get Out. And horror should not be overlooked at any time - yeah, Winchester and Strangers 2 weren't a big deal, but they were still profitable on their micro budgets; and when you have horror w/actual appeal, whether that be by good wom and/or recognizable brands, you are almost guaranteed to get a breakout. Look at Insidious 4 - nobody thought this was gonna be anything but a dumpjob, but it crushed even the loftiest expectations. 

In another words, I wouldn't underestimate this thing anytime soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slambros said:

And the PTA, percentage drop, and 2nd weekend gross of Unsane is the most pitiful I've ever seen in my entire life. I'm disappointed. (Note to self: relying on Easter to carry a risk-taking psychological thriller is a big no-no).

If you're using BOM then it has a typo for Unsane, they missed a 0 so it actually made 10X that for a 61.6% drop (not that that is good, but it isn't record breaking).

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, YLF said:

Im excited to see A Quiet Place, but its going to be weird hearing people munching open their popcorn and drinking their sodas lol

I doubt very much there is a lot of silence in the film. yes in the trailers, no in the actual film, its' made for GA and people will get bored.

speaking of which, that advert about audience behaviour really fucks me off, "don't make a sound" well then don't sell fucking popcorn. the advert makes no sense. Fine if it kills someone who's on their phone but the guy eating popcorn?? If you don't want people eating popcorn don't sell it.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

maybe once i see the quiet place it'll explain why that dumbfuck john krasinski won't put on a condom yeah have a shitload of kids in that environment a screaming baby is what you all need.

In his defence, that foil can be loud when you're trying to tear it open.

4 minutes ago, November Treejax said:

speaking of which, that advert about audience behaviour really fucks me off, "don't make a sound" well then don't sell fucking popcorn. the advert makes no sense. Fine if it kills someone who's on their phone but the guy eating popcorn?? If you don't want people eating popcorn don't sell it.

It's just an exaggeration to try to tell people to be as quiet as they can, don't take it too seriously.

Or maybe the silent thing only happens after he's had his family and got Emily Blunt pregnant again... that's probably more likely. And maybe there's no coat hangers left since the worlds been wiped out. 

2 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

I predict that if Jurassic World II doesn't come close to doubling the DOM box office of Solo and then come October I make another prediction about a Christmas movie, you'll jump in with a stupidly obvious comment about how wrong I was about Solo. Mark that too, LOL. 

I'm eager to read your prediction involving DC vs Disney coming next Christmas (Aquaman vs Mary Poppins Returns)

• Like 1