Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread | Estimates: AQP 50M, RP1 25M, CKBLK 21.4M, BP 8.4M,

Just saw A Quiet Place. Very good movie, amazing concept and great acting. Emily Blunt was awesome in this. Not as great as Get Out was but still good nonetheless. 

But make sure you try and see this with as minimal audience as you can or audience who can maintain pin drop silence. The utter c**nts sitting behind us nearly ruined the movie with their talking, I was this close to knocking them the fuck out. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Just saw A Quiet Place. Very good movie, amazing concept and great acting. Emily Blunt was awesome in this. Not as great as Get Out was but still good nonetheless. 

But make sure you try and see this with as minimal audience as you can or audience who can maintain pin drop silence. The utter c**nts sitting behind us nearly ruined the movie with their talking, I was this close to knocking them the fuck out. 

I ALWAYS tell people to stop talking if they are doing so in a movie.  You should have politely turned to them and asked them to pipe down.

• Like 2

On Sat BP crossed 661.0 (202.0 + 459.0) and has now added AOU's entire dom (459.0) to it's ow.

202.0 ow + 461.2 = 663.2 till Sat (using Asgard's 3.9)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

I ALWAYS tell people to stop talking if they are doing so in a movie.  You should have politely turned to them and asked them to pipe down.

Neither politely telling them or sushing them or calling them obnoxious inconsiderate idiots did the trick. Lucky for them they were mostly girls otherwise I had nearly made up my mind to tell them to shut the fuck up to their face. 

Normally a little chatter is ok. But this movie requires absolute silence which is why I recommend watching this with as few people present as possible

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Neither politely telling them or sushing them or calling them obnoxious inconsiderate idiots did the trick. Lucky for them they were mostly girls otherwise I had nearly made up my mind to tell them to shut the fuck up to their face. 

That's fucking horrible.  They wouldn't even shut up after you asked them too?  That should be grounds for getting kicked out of the theatre.

Just now, baumer said:

That's fucking horrible.  They wouldn't even shut up after you asked them too?  That should be grounds for getting kicked out of the theatre.

Nope. One mindless git even spoke on the phone multiple times. The same idiots came half an hour late and then spent the entire movie discussing loudly what they had missed. The most annoying thing were the girls inexplicable giggling nearly throughout the movie when there is hardly any joke in there. There were no ushers or any employee in sight either to complaint. 

But I enjoyed the movie regardless so its all OK

• Sad 1

predictions for estimates

(new) - A Quiet Place - 51.60 - 51.60

(-40%) - Ready Player - 25.00 - 96.86

(new) - Blockers - 22.00 - 22.00

(-25%) - Black Panther - 8.60 - 665.53

(-25%) - Imagine - 7.90 - 68.63

(-55%) - Acrimony - 7.70 - 30.98

(new) - Chappaquiddick - 5.90 - 5.90

(-30%) - Sherlock Gnomes - 4.90 - 33.20

(+63%) - Isle of Dogs - 4.80 - 12.25

(-53%) - Pacific Rim - 4.60 - 54.61

(-34%) - A Wrinkle in Time - 3.2 - 90.17

(-45%) - Love, Simon - 2.60 - 37.38

(-57%) - Tomb Raider - 2.10 - 55.24

(-49%) - Paul, Apostle - 1.75 - 14.98

(-56%) - Game Night - 1.10 - 67.24

(-61%) - God's Not Dead - 1.05 - 4.87

(-60%) - Peter Rabbit - 0.85 - 113.16

(-61%) - Midnight Sun - 0.45 - 9.22

(-92%) - Unsane - 0.12 - 7.71

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, baumer said:

Hoping to see Quiet Place today.  I would have seen it eventually but your enjoyment of it certainly has me excited to see it.  

Baumer it's really really good. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Nope. One mindless git even spoke on the phone multiple times. The same idiots came half an hour late and then spent the entire movie discussing loudly what they had missed. The most annoying thing were the girls inexplicable giggling nearly throughout the movie when there is hardly any joke in there. There were no ushers or any employee in sight either to complaint. 

But I enjoyed the movie regardless so its all OK

you a zen Buddhist or something?  I've left a theatre and come back before because it was too quiet or the screen was too small... either those kids leave or I would

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

(-57%) - Tomb Raider - 2.10 - 55.24

With Rampage being a direct comp and another mid 50s drop (or more) in que, TR won't make it to 60 dom sadly. ~58 final dom I guess. That's a 2.45x multiplier. So TR legs did not rise above the video game genre. Even Need for Speed did 2.44x and I expected TR to go past that easily.

Not keeping hopes high for Rampage either when it comes to legs. Hoping for 2.55x. 30-35 ow gives 75-90 dom with that.

Edited by a2knet

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

you a zen Buddhist or something?  I've left a theatre and come back before because it was too quiet or the screen was too small... either those kids leave or I would

I had already paid, wasnt about to waste it. Besides it was relatively short and an engrossing movie. This was not my worse experience though. Conjuring 2 on cheap discount Tuesday morning in a screen filled with college going guys was a nightmare. There was so much laughing and chatting one would have though one is seeing a comedy movie. Only movie I left in interval and then saw later. 

• Like 1

AQP really sneaked up on me (And Bay produced it). Platinum Dunes horror films have been hit or miss so I thought it would do OK with a little nice counter-programming but 50 OW possible?  No, definitely didn't see that one.  OMG, I wasn't expect that at all.   It think that's a good hold for RPO considering the comp it has.   Horror breaking out is always fun to watch to me.  BP Passes Jack & Rose and is trying to taken down The Last Jedi Globally.  Cblock is doing fine for it's budget and being a R-rated comedy.   

57 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

The same idiots came half an hour late and then spent the entire movie discussing loudly what they had missed. T

I recommend having the Wikipedia plot for the movie on a cell phone so you can read into the first few sentences for whatever portion of the film you are going to be late for.  ...having it timed precisely

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

AQP really sneaked up on me (And Bay produced it). Platinum Dunes horror films have been hit or miss so I thought it would do OK with a little nice counter-programming but 50 OW possible?  No, definitely didn't see that one.  OMG, I wasn't expect that at all.   It think that's a good hold for RPO considering the comp it has.   Horror breaking out is always fun to watch to me.  BP Passes Jack & Rose and is trying to taken down The Last Jedi Globally.  Cblock is doing fine for it's budget and being a R-rated comedy.   

For the most part, Platinum Dunes horror films have been remakes. They’ve co-produced the Purge and Ouija movies with Blumhouse.

It’s almost as if Platinum Dunes saw the success Blumhouse had with Jordan Peele and Michael Bay wanted to use his connection with John Krasinski to get a similar result. Clearly paid off. :P

Edited by Jay Beezy

39 minutes ago, a2knet said:

With Rampage being a direct comp and another mid 50s drop (or more) in que, TR won't make it to 60 dom sadly. ~58 final dom I guess. That's a 2.45x multiplier. So TR legs did not rise above the video game genre. Even Need for Speed did 2.44x and I expected TR to go past that easily.

Not keeping hopes high for Rampage either when it comes to legs. Hoping for 2.55x. 30-35 ow gives 75-90 dom with that.

I'm assuming lowest for Rampage would be 24/60.  Maze Runner, Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim, Ghost in the Shell, Valerian.  

mid-level could be The Mummy (2017) range.  Maybe Alien: Covenant #s.  $31.5m + 3.5previews

...I think Rampage could be in the top ten though for more than five weekends.

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

I saw it yesterday in a sold out theater and nobody made a sound during the scenes of extended total silence. I guess nobody wanted to be that asshole, lol.

• Like 1