Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread: Rampage 34.5M, AQP 32.6M, ToD 19M, RPO 11.2M, Blockers 10.2M

13 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Emily Blunt is officially a bigger draw than The Rock. You heard it here first!

Emily will be the lead character in that Jungle Cruise movie. 

15 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Emily Blunt is officially a bigger draw than The Rock. You heard it here first!

I know you are just joking but cinemascore exit poll showed Blunt was not even the biggest draw among A Quiet Place cast, that would make Krasinski twice the Rock drawing power:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/a-quiet-place-blockers-ready-player-one-weekend-box-office-1202359716/

Those under 18 (14% per CinemaScore) and those under 25 (37%) gave A Quiet Place an A-. Krasinski (31%) and Blunt (21%) fans loved the movie as well with an A-.

Just now, Barnack said:

I know you are just joking but cinemascore exit poll showed Blunt was not even the biggest draw among A Quiet Place cast, that would make Krasinski twice the Rock drawing power:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/a-quiet-place-blockers-ready-player-one-weekend-box-office-1202359716/

Those under 18 (14% per CinemaScore) and those under 25 (37%) gave A Quiet Place an A-. Krasinski (31%) and Blunt (21%) fans loved the movie as well with an A-.

Why can't both of them be a bigger draw than the Rock?

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

AQP #1 for three weekends then. Who woulda thunk?

With how big some talked about that second weekend (30M), it should always been considered, not only 40M is never certain for an live action movie without a strong IP pushing it and everything need to go right to have those kind of number, but 30M is never certain and even 25M is almost never certain for them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ok start for Rampage, but lmfao @ Truth or Dare. It might miss 12M with the godawful WOM it's having :hahaha: 

“Ok” for the $120m Rampage being $13m under tracking but Truth Or Dare being “lmfao” budgeted at $3.5m???

Think you got them the wrong way round :lol:

RPO may limp to 130M if this hold pans out:

Apr 13: 10.8M (3M weekdays, 117.2M Total)

Apr 20: 5.1M (1.6M weekdays, 123.9M Total)

Apr 27: 2M (600k weekdays, 126.5M Total)

May 4: 800k (300k weekdays, 127.6M Total)

Final Total: 130M (3.11x from 3 day/2.42x from 4 day)

Theaters are reaaaaaaally going to be starving to fill out screen space come May. It'd be pretty hilarious if Infinity War managed to have 6 screens at midsize theaters :lol: 

Rampage was always going to perform poorly, and the only people who thought otherwise are the movies junkies who see anything in theaters. I stated as much a month ago, and there is some poster who took it personally. I do not have the time to go searching out the post, but whoever it is knows who they are. EVERY time I saw the trailer in the theater, I always heard, "that is so dumb." Rampage looks like one of those movies that you glance at on a weekday night two years from now while waiting for Atlanta or something to air on FX. People are not going to waste money and time watching so-bad-that-it-appears-to-be-good movies in theaters. Those days are long gone. Dwayne Johnson is not going to reverse that. That Skyscraper movie is going to perform similarly. I still remember the laughs (not in a great way either) in response to that at a Super Bowl party.    

Edited by PenguinHyphy

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I seem to recall a contingent of people laughing off anyone's sub $50m OW...  

lol  i remember being one of those who didn't believe those BO  low prediction numbers

Yeah since BP I been ignoring pretty much everything that has been released in theatres and will watch on Netflix or something after. 

I think its obvious what I am going to watch though in two weeks.