sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

5 hours ago, Alli said:

I think the trolls have an axe to grind with Amy Schumer. They have no problem with Melissa Mccarthy

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Ya think? She's an outspoken liberal female comedian. No-brainer there.

There's also another possibility and that is that the movie just isn't that good.  I had a really hard time sitting through Snatched and the trailer for IFP looks horrible.  Sometimes movies get a poor rating because they suck. Just a thought.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Wait a minute can we all start talking about how Cmasterclay has never heard of Super Troopers? I mean I've never seen it but being into movies and all I have heard of it.

I do not know who this comedy group is. Seems very fratty/early 2000s type humor, not my swag.

Literally don't see how any word in "social, justice, warrior" is supposed to be an insult. To me, that's the highest compliment.

Also, love when people who say gays are an abomination, women should stay in the kitchen, and black people are genetically inferior are "equally bad" as people who say that....those things are false?

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

People called Nelson Mandela an extremist. And John Brown. And Michael Collins. I'm just saying. 

To add to this, different ideology deliver very different extremist result. How bad having an extreme view of an idea is usually bad if the idea is kind of bad, making just more obvious when push to an extreme.

An extremist Jashinist will push the concept of non killing so far that he will sweep surface before sitting to not kill acarines and have a filter in front of is mouth when sleeping to not eat bugs. 

That is extreme and would probably bad in some ways if everyone was like that, but they do not hurt anyone.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

The issue is a SJW who displays authoritarian tendencies is not a socially progressive person and is an extremist and likely should not be called a SJW.

An extremist is not based on if you are as extreme as the other side but by having an opinion that is out of the mainstream. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I do not know who this comedy group is. Seems very fratty/early 2000s type humor, not my swag.

Well yeah the first movie came out in 2001. It's more a cult hit than anything. You don't have to like it to have heard of it lol.

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

People called Nelson Mandela an extremist. And John Brown. And Michael Collins. I'm just saying. 

Pretty much every minority group that was fought for rights have been considered extremist. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Well yeah the first movie came out in 2001. It's more a cult hit than anything. You don't have to like it to have heard of it lol.

It's just never been on my radar. I've heard the name for sure, I just thought it was an Adult Swim show tbh

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Amy Schumer is now a social issue to fight over 

Yep not sure why you talk about her at all..... of the over 100,000 SAG members....

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

@baumer

The movie seems to be more known to us due to the Canadian Storyline? 

You mean Super Troopers?  Well, the original only grossed something like 20 million (I think) so it' not like it blew the box office away.  I'm sure Broken Lizard has their loyal following.  I'm not sure if the Canadian angle will get Canadians into the theatre. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, Barnack said:

Yep not sure why you talk about her at all.....

Trainwreck was a really good movie. Very funny. "I look like Mark Wahlberg ate Mark Wahlberg."

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

@baumer

The movie seems to be more known to us due to the Canadian Storyline? 

The fact they  did put ST2 in Canada, could indicate that yes it could have been popular in the north of the US and Canada mostly.

North Dakota and Vermont seem to have been the state were it was the most popular:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F04hmvx

Quite strong in Canada:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=%2Fm%2F04hmvx,%2Fm%2F02prqng

With Saskatchewan (just above North Dakota) leading the way.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2