sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Ah yes Tully next film in the “ully” cinematic universe 

With Disney now owning Fox, I can't wait for Monsters, Inc. and X-Files to crossover, and Sully and Scully will finally be together at last.

• Like 1

I wonder out of ignorance, would Disney be happy for AQP's success? I mean, looking at Mary Poppins. Emily Blunt lacked this big hit (ignoring Devil Wears Prada). Edge of Tomorrow should have been that but alas people prefered to watch other films.

• Like 1

Just now, SofNascimento said:

I wonder out of ignorance, would Disney be happy for AQP's success? I mean, looking at Mary Poppins. Emily Blunt lacked this big hit (ignoring Devil Wears Prada). Edge of Tomorrow should have been that but alas people prefered to watch other films.

People won't be seeing Poppins for Emily Blunt, they'll be seeing it because it's the sequel to Mary Poppins

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SofNascimento said:

I highly doubt her success with AQP makes any difference on what MPR will do since we are literally talking about as polar opposite of films as we can get in terms of their audience. Into the Woods and The Devil Wears Prada will likely have the most bearing on most who see MPR knowing who she is. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

People won't be seeing Poppins for Emily Blunt, they'll be seeing it because it's the sequel to Mary Poppins

Well, at least one person will see the film because of Blunt. But what I take from your statement is that you see no consequences of AQP success in Mary Poppins?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SofNascimento said:

Well, at least one person will see the film because of Blunt. But what I take from your statement is that you see no consequences of AQP success in Mary Poppins?

The image of Emily Blunt taking on such an iconic role (and being the perfect substitute for the irreplaceable Julie Andrews) will lead to increased interest but yeah, most people are gonna go see Mary Poppins Returns just because it's called Mary Poppins Returns. And it will make a killing over the holidays for sure.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Might want to tamper those expectations then. Focus is giving it a very quiet marketing push, plus they're not a studio that that enjoys much commercial success (at least for non-Oscar contenders) anyway.

I'm aware of all of that.  

Just a feeling.

5 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Whew, after some PM's with a couple mods and many others this morning confirming that I actually do provide a lot of value to the forum and that Baumer is flat out wrong (as usual), the people have spoken and I am back folks.  

In other words: your self-important, attention-grabbing stunt ("I AM LEAVINGQ... WAAAAH!!!!") worked.

Your "fans" clamored for you to "stay" and all is well and good.

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Image result for judge judy eye roll

You got what you were clearly after with that post the whole time: attention. Next time spare us the dramatic bullshit. 

Bingo!

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Avengers: Infinity War: 300M

A Quiet Place: 12M

Rampage: 9.4M

I Feel Pretty: 5.6M

Super Troopers 2: 3.4M

Ready Player One: 2.7M

Blockers: 2.6M

Truth or Dare: 2.5M

Black Panther: 1.8M

Isle of Dogs: 1.5M

IW is about to shit all over everything not named A Quiet Place or Rampage. Those two are the clear sellout alternatives.

IW: 288M

AQP: 9.8M

BP: 5.5M

Rampage: 5.3M

I Feel Pretty: 5M

Super Troopers: 2.6M

Blockers: 2.2M

Truth of Dare: 2M

Ready Player One: 1.8M

Isle of Dogs: 1.7M

ICOI: 1.3M

Chappaquiddick: 1M

Traffik: 0.9M

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Kings, with Daniel Craig and Halle Berry comes out the same weekend as IW.  Can it possibly find an audience?

0% on RT with few reviews

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kings_2017/

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/kings

From a distributor that achieved to reach 5m once in their 41 releases, never achieved to get 600 theaters:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=orchard.htm

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

IW: 288M

AQP: 9.8M

BP: 5.5M

Rampage: 5.3M

I Feel Pretty: 5M

Super Troopers: 2.6M

Blockers: 2.2M

Truth of Dare: 2M

Ready Player One: 1.8M

Isle of Dogs: 1.7M

ICOI: 1.3M

Chappaquiddick: 1M

Traffik: 0.9M

Rampage is not going to drop over 70%. Would've been with you on that if it didn't have such a strong hold this weekend; WOM is spreading.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Rampage is not going to drop over 70%. Would've been with you on that if it didn't have such a strong hold this weekend; WOM is spreading.

Don't think WOM matters one bit against IW. It's too much of a direct competitor, and I'm sticking by BP being the top choice for IW spillover. It just makes too much sense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Rachael Weisz and McAdams

I'm listening.  :)

And it looks like its a movie where they are attracted to each other and stuff happens.  Hmmmmm 

I heard spitting is involved between them in the sexual way. 

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1