CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Yeah, this is why I didn’t believe it would beat Episodes 7&8. It’ll open big, but come slightly beneath TLJ at around 215-220 mil ow. Which is perfectly fine.

Well no it doubles the presales of BP, it's just that Starwars is very heary on presalles, very very very heavy. So it will open higher then TLJ if it gets the same presalles as TLJ TFA is going down. Even rogue one did more then BP and 'only' opend to 155M.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Anyone been banned yet?

Not yet. We are all gleefully riding the AIW wave

tVDAk1B.jpg

edit: my bad. Futurist for 24 hours I think got banned.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Can't even beat TLJ's pre-sales? :winomg:  Guys... maybe we are over predicting this :sparta:

Like I've said. This is going under TLJ.

50 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

For someone who is not a fan of the movie/franchise, and has a clear predisposed opinion on them, he spends too much time posting in the relevant threads. Same goes for you. Your posts reek wishful thinking, rather than well formatted opinions. So yeah, people don't take you seriously, they're just irritated by your (constant) bs. 

Now, to give you some perspective, I am not a fan of F&F and never cared about it. Go and see how many posts I have in the relevant threads, or if I watch these movies in midnight premieres. 

I don't have a predisposed opinion. I go into every one with an open mind and the belief that it is possible to enjoy the film. It just so happens that I don't usually end up liking them.

And this is a forum, what's the problem with me posting in threads?

49 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

You're parents and imaginary girlfriend don't count. 

My imaginary girlfriend doesn't like going to the cinema, and my parents have no interest in Avengers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

Like I've said. This is going under TLJ.

I don't have a predisposed opinion. I go into every one with an open mind and the belief that it is possible to enjoy the film. It just so happens that I don't usually end up liking them.

And this is a forum, what's the problem with me posting in threads?

My imaginary girlfriend doesn't like going to the cinema, and my parents have no interest in Avengers.

Wait, so your girlfriend is imaginary and yet, she still doesn’t like to do things with you? 

Now that’s tough. Sorry to hear that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I had no idea RO was that gigantic in presales...

All SW movies are presale monsters. I mean, Rogue One being higher in presales than BP didn't stop BP from winning OW by $50m lol

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

Feel like giving a shout out to HP8 preview madness. It's ~44 is SW level achievement. TLJ did 45 years later with earlier previews and AIW could fall below that too.

And that were REAL midnight showings. DH2's craziness wont be matched again in that sense i think.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Not yet. We are all gleefully riding the AIW wave

tVDAk1B.jpg

edit: my bad. Futurist for 24 hours I think got banned.

It was just a threadban I think. Those barely count. We need a good weekend long ban.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

He admits to having an imaginary girlfriend. :lol::rofl::rofl:

I can see why your ‘imaginary girlfriend’ doesn’t like going to the cinema with you.

8 minutes ago, Sam said:

Wait, so your girlfriend is imaginary and yet, she still doesn’t like to do things with you? 

Now that’s tough. Sorry to hear that.

she literally only wants 1 thing and its fucking disgusting

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trease is the Word said:

don't bother going to see infinity war. its a bit crap

Yes, well since you posted this, I'm sure everyone here will now decide not to see it for themselves.  I mean, if you didn't like it, then the rest of us should stay home and knit a sweater.  :)

Am glad AIW is not opening this weekend in China. Would have been tough to handle all the excitement and madness looking at how well it's doing (presales) in what's gonna be it's 2nd biggest individual market. This way the fun is spread out over a few weekends.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1