CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

47 minutes ago, baumer said:

Hey can we not spend the next day discussing music in this thread?  This is the weekend thread and it's supposed to be about the box office.

You're right.  There are far more important things to be discussing in this weekend thread.

jfiHHXbR_400x400.jpg

5T6M058.gif

10ybQ2x.gif

PICK YOUR POISON, MODS.

tumblr_nxbjffGu181s1v3r1o1_500.gif

• Astonished 2

4 hours ago, Sam said:

I don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s barely above Peter Rabbit.

I thought this and was really confused until I realised Avengers made more in one day than the other films did in an entire week!

• Like 1

Based off of the Australian and New Zealand the film will score a ridiculous opening day maybe even beating the Last Jedi but behind the force awakens.

However it seems it's going to demolish the Saturday record.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

jnf9p0sNElIBalRNZD1Nbny1fIt0c6t7Y4PXkrm4

So I just found out that the local IMAX which I was waiting for to start prebooking is actually undergoing renovations, which would explain why only that screen was missing from presales. Of course I did not know this and kept waiting until right now when I decided to check their twitter. 

The 3 other IMAXes are pretty much sold out for the entire weekend with only a handful of seats available in the front row to the extreme sides! They are even booked for Monday (at least the good seats) and Tuesday. My only option now is to wait for the 3rd IMAX to start prebooking for Monday OR travel 2 hours on Tuesday to one of the other imax OR wait and pray that my local IMAX is ready before the weekend. 

The absolute fuckers are insane to do renovations during what is likely going to be the biggest IMAX weekend of all time. And I am now not gonna see it this weekend 😭

giphy.gif

Continuing my struggle....

So the local IMAX which i was praying would open this weekend will be closed for 2-3 months. So I finally booked IMAX 3d ticket for early Monday morning in another IMAX nearly an hour away

But I just couldn't wait till Monday..... so I also booked a 2d non imax ticket for tomorrow (friday) morning. So I will be seeing this right around when Thursday previews start on US west coast :D

giphy.gif

Edited by ZeeSoh

Here are all the records and close calls that IW have had so far

OD record

- South Korea

- Philippines <----- Also the biggest single day ever!

- Thailand

- Hong Kong

- Vietnam

Other countries

Australia - 2nd biggest OD behind TFA only. Had a higher actual day gross than TFA since IW did not have midnights. Whats even more impressive is that due to public holiday most cinemas only opened after noon. It might also post the highest second day over TFA

New Zealand - 2nd highest OD behind TFA again. Highest for a SH movie

Italy - 3rd highest OD ever behind only a local movie and DH2. Highest OD for a SH movie

India - Presales with a day to go are highest for a hollywood movie and even more surprisingly it is higher than any bollywood movie ever! It is second only to Baahubali 2 (which was like TFA level in India)

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Trease is the Word said:

don't bother going to see infinity war. its a bit crap

Your word against Critics and pretty much everyone else who has seen the movie.... Hmmm dilemma dilemma!

Besides I see every SH movie in theatres no matter how crap or what their reviews are.

And this is the first movie ever that I will be seeing twice in a single weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think legs for this will be more near Ultron then civil war. Think it will draw in more casuals due to the massive hype.

Makes a difference lol

220 opening with civil legs is 499 million.

Ultron legs is 530 million.

16 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

don't bother going to see infinity war. its a bit crap

That's it folks, time to pack up.

Tree has spoken, infinity war is a flop, is gonna bomb everywhere.

Such a #NonEvent...

• Like 2