CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

29 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Your word against Critics and pretty much everyone else who has seen the movie.... Hmmm dilemma dilemma!

Think you will find 22 critics who agree with me! As for "everyone who has seen the movie", well look in the RTM section it's clearly very mixed reviews from the forum. And saw plenty of tweets that you fanbois were worrying about yesterday.

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

The oversea numbers are really huge and do not hint of massive front-loading either

It won’t be as frontloaded as some people suggest. It is a spectacle unseen of on the big screen and people overseas are more easily impressed than in the u.s. Anyway people should restrain themselves from predicting its legs until we get at least a clue about them.

10 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

Think you will find 22 critics who agree with me! As for "everyone who has seen the movie", well look in the RTM section it's clearly very mixed reviews from the forum. And saw plenty of tweets that you fanbois were worrying about yesterday.

I could point out the RT percentage, critics as well as user ratings on multiple websites, quotes by most people here and other fan websites but it would be pointless, especially against the likes of you. Regardless I will be seeing the movie more than once in theatres (which I never do), so save your breath

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

What does it matter if someone passionately dislikes (or passionately likes) the movie? In the end it always comes down to opinion. And because of that I always judge a movie myself, regardless of the opinions of others or critics *shrugs*

• Like 1

I don't like Batman Begins or SM2 but I had to accept that it was for personal reasons and I was at odds with the consensus.

And there's nothing wrong with that in itself unless I'm using my unique opinion to predict legs and WOM.

• Like 1

Critically and box office wise, phase 3 is insane.

I can see MCU being more popular than ever with alot of latecomers jumping on board.

So I doubt Ant-Man 2 falls below 200 m.

230 m DOM  and 500 m OS is much more likely.

I don't see how it doesn't get an IW/BP bump.

Edited by grey ghost

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I could point out the RT percentage, critics as well as user ratings on multiple websites, quotes by most people here and other fan websites but it would be pointless, especially against the likes of you. Regardless I will be seeing the movie more than once in theatres (which I never do), so save your breath

Nope.

I looked at Rotten Tomatoes audience reviews and picked 5 at random. Seems like they're all negative.

There's just too much of it. A victim of its own success, there are just too many appealing characters here to stuff into one story.

Disappointing, characters were not consistent with past movies
Hate having to wait over a year to see the ending

Crap movie, a lot of hate and violence. Not the humor I had hoped for. That was the last Marvel movie for me.

It does not propose anything new, simply more of the same. A normal close for an extraordinary event.

Predictable, lame and focuses too much on fight scenes rather than emphasize the story . Even rhe plot is perverted from the original comic's storyline. But seeing as how it's just another "MARVEL" movie , brainless and mindless fans without any probable opinion will support just about anything as long as it's a brand liked by majority .

Seems to me the consensus is this film is very disappointing.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

BATB 2017 isn't that bad

It's the Albert Brooks/Broadcast News devil speech in movie form. It lowers our standards just a little bit. Making it the worst movie ever made.

• Like 3

After seeing what TLJ did this winter i'll wait until after the second weekend to even start guessing at grosses. Reviews have been good, but not exceptional, I want to see what the user ratings start to look like. Disney has done a fantastic job of ramping up the buzz for this so a huge opening should be expected (i'll be there at 7 tonight with my son).

I also think we will get a real number from Disney, they have never been one to fudge. They have been very willing in the past to let the numbers be what they are.

I'm also impressed that Disney will hit 1B DOM tomorrow and could hit 2B DOM by the end of June.

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

You guys have no idea. The worst rap music can be found here in Germany. "Deutsch-Rap" its called and everything about it is pure garbage. Many "songs" from popular "artists" are even straight-up racist and antisemitic. Some days ago - for whatever reason - two of the most controversial ones even received a music award (Echo), which was completely shut down in the aftermath because of the public backlash.

Generally, i hate rap and dont think its music at all. But im happy for everyone that can enjoy it.

Anyway, back to box office. I still dont see this opening higher than TFA. I will be very suprised if it does happen, but my prediction remains in the 220-230M range.

The first part is an understatement, you can add sexist, homophobic etc. to it. And saying no more Echo is a typical overreaction, that in a way gives those two rappers far more attention, than they deserve.

But now about the far more important things:

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Here are all the records and close calls that IW have had so far

OD record

- South Korea

- Philippines <----- Also the biggest single day ever!

- Thailand

- Hong Kong

- Vietnam

Other countries

Australia - 2nd biggest OD behind TFA only. Had a higher actual day gross than TFA since IW did not have midnights. Whats even more impressive is that due to public holiday most cinemas only opened after noon. It might also post the highest second day over TFA

New Zealand - 2nd highest OD behind TFA again. Highest for a SH movie

Italy - 3rd highest OD ever behind only a local movie and DH2. Highest OD for a SH movie

India - Presales with a day to go are highest for a hollywood movie and even more surprisingly it is higher than any bollywood movie ever! It is second only to Baahubali 2 (which was like TFA level in India)

This is so crazy, like wow.

So in the US ist most likely will be something like 2nd or 3rd biggest OD (have my doubts about biggest)

Did it open in the UK already?

Will there be any countries outside of Europe with an OD outside of the Top 10. (China? Japan?)

• Like 1

Just now, RamblinRed said:

After seeing what TLJ did this winter i'll wait until after the second weekend to even start guessing at grosses. Reviews have been good, but not exceptional, I want to see what the user ratings start to look like. Disney has done a fantastic job of ramping up the buzz for this so a huge opening should be expected (i'll be there at 7 tonight with my son).

I also think we will get a real number from Disney, they have never been one to fudge. They have been very willing in the past to let the numbers be what they are.

I'm also impressed that Disney will hit 1B DOM tomorrow and could hit 2B DOM by the end of June.

TLJ had better reviews so yes, IW probably going to open a lot lower than TLJ.

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Taruseth said:

The first part is an understatement, you can add sexist, homophobic etc. to it. And saying no more Echo is a typical overreaction, that in a way gives those two rappers far more attention, than they deserve.

But now about the far more important things:

This is so crazy, like wow.

So in the US ist most likely will be something like 2nd or 3rd biggest OD (have my doubts about biggest)

Did it open in the UK already?

Will there be any countries outside of Europe with an OD outside of the Top 10. (China? Japan?)

Yes it's out in the UK currently. Release dates by country: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154756/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf

4 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Wait to see the reaction of the GA in USA . In the rest of the world is very good 

• Thanks 1