CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

43 minutes ago, AJG said:

@CJohn

Can there be a “Just the numbers” thread?

A thread that just updates with new numbers. I don’t want to be sucked into this thread.

CJohn  partitioned off the second post in this thread for the numbers. Should theoretically be updated throughout the weekend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If you pay attention we're not attacking anyone simply for having an unpopular opinion but for claiming said opinion is the consensus and reflects badly on legs.

Both are relevant to IW and box office.

Calm down, buddy! :insane:

Claiming it's the consensus is probably a bit far...

But I know that I've seen a movie and just "gut knew" whether it would have legs or not based on how I liked it, how my fam did, and what I thought others would...it's how I made such early long legs calls on WW and SHC (and JL's lack of them) last year (since I saw all OW, which isn't my norm)...

So, I wouldn't attack anyone who thinks it's not gonna work legs-wise until I actually see the movie for myself...I'd just let their posts lie til I could be really informed on it...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Claiming its the consensus is probably a bit far...

But I know that I've seen a movie and just "gut knew" whether it would have legs or not based on how I liked it, how my fam did, and what I thought others would...it's how I made such early long legs calls on WW and SHC (and JL's lack of them) last year (since I saw all OW, which isn't my norm)...

So, I wouldn't attack anyone who thinks it's not gonna work legs-wise until I myself actually see the movie for myself...I'd just let their posts lie til I could be really informed on it...

I don't have a problem with someone saying the movie is too long or too fanboy friendly to have good legs then cite examples like Civil War.

But Tree doubled down on the consensus claim.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Seriously, people? Tree didn't like it (cause of course he didn't, but whatever), some of you adored it, just LET IT FUCKING GO. It's his opinion and he has all the right to dislike the movie. Whether he went in with an open mind or not, whether his opinion is minority or not... doesn't matter, it's an opinion about a movie and y'all should just respect it and move the fuck on.

It's not like the weekend isn't gonna be satisfying for any of you due to someone not enjoying it, cause IW is at least looking at one of the top 3 OW's of all time, with a chance to reach #1. Let it go.

Actually he is the one that is dominating this thread with his bs and he should let it go.

• Like 3

BreakableAdeptCrocodileskink-max-1mb.gif

29 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Must be the cocaine

I wish I was kidding.

Hey you can't make fun of me now, we're on a derby team together.

28 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Seriously, people? Tree didn't like it (cause of course he didn't, but whatever), some of you adored it, just LET IT FUCKING GO. It's his opinion and he has all the right to dislike the movie. Whether he went in with an open mind or not, whether his opinion is minority or not... doesn't matter, it's an opinion about a movie and y'all should just respect it and move the fuck on.

It's not like the weekend isn't gonna be satisfying for any of you due to someone not enjoying it, cause IW is at least looking at one of the top 3 OW's of all time, with a chance to reach #1. Let it go.

Thank you. Everyone here should respect me. My opinion is right!

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I don't have a problem with someone saying the movie is too long or too fanboy friendly to have good legs then cite examples like Civil War.

But Tree doubled down on the consensus claim.

Because it is the consensus. If you get off the internet for once - well put it this way, of all the people in real life that I know who've seen it, ONE HUNDRED PER CENT disliked it. You cannot get more of a consensus than that.

2 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

Because it is the consensus. If you get off the internet for once - well put it this way, of all the people in real life that I know who've seen it, ONE HUNDRED PER CENT disliked it. You cannot get more of a consensus than that.

Everyone I knew except my parents who saw Inception when it came out didn't like it.

Was that the consensus? Hardly. It was nominated for Best Picture.

5 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Clearly no one agrees with him.  But you just kept responding to him and taking his (obvious) bait.  I have no idea why you did.

Lol, I had to clarify why he was being attacked MULTIPLE times.

The real question is why you keep attacking us if you think we're trolling or being unfair.

You just said that behavior should be ignored.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, aabattery said:

CJohn  partitioned off the second post in this thread for the numbers. Should theoretically be updated throughout the weekend.

Yup, that is the point, that we mods keep updating it throughout the weekend.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

For someone who is not a fan of the movie/franchise, and has a clear predisposed opinion on them, he spends too much time posting in the relevant threads. Same goes for you. Your posts reek wishful thinking, rather than well formatted opinions. So yeah, people don't take you seriously, they're just irritated by your (constant) bs. 

Now, to give you some perspective, I am not a fan of F&F and never cared about it. Go and see how many posts I have in the relevant threads, or if I watch these movies in midnight premieres. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

You're parents and imaginary girlfriend don't count. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

I'm late to the party. What movie are you referring to?