CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

11 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

Nope.

I looked at Rotten Tomatoes audience reviews and picked 5 at random. Seems like they're all negative.

Seems to me the consensus is this film is very disappointing.

Lmao.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If IW opens over TFA then it could pass TA DOM easily with Winter Soldier, SMH, or GotG2 legs.

Beating TFA dom with legs from those films would not be "easy", it would have to open to like 350M.

• ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

This is so crazy, like wow.

So in the US ist most likely will be something like 2nd or 3rd biggest OD (have my doubts about biggest)

Did it open in the UK already?

Will there be any countries outside of Europe with an OD outside of the Top 10. (China? Japan?)

It opened in UK today if I am not wrong. 

And outside Europe, Japan is the most likely to have an OD outside Top 10. I am not sure about China. Apart from these 2 I think IW will have a top 10/top 3 or most likely the top OD when it comes to hollywood movie in most Asian, Latin American and African countries.

Edited by ZeeSoh

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Good thing I said "beat TA DOM".

Oh, I see, edit your post now that I've proven you wrong! ;) definitely not my poor reading comprehension to blame.

4 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Thanks, so it opened today.

I thought big movies open before thursday, but that was in France, were they open on Wednesday:lol: (most of the times?)

In the UK it varies. Lots of films open on a Wednesday. Some open on Monday or Tuesday if it's in holidays. For example Doctor Strange and Black Panther both opened on a Tuesday because it was in holidays. Ragnarok was midweek too I think, again released in half term holidays.

Outside of holidays, big Marvel films as well as the Star Wars films, they always open on Thursday. We have wednesday night previews but they're always after midnight because the cinemas are only allowed to show it on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

Oh, I see, edit your post now that I've proven you wrong! ;) definitely not my poor reading comprehension to blame.

Oh god this is hilarious. His post was not edited. And even if he did edit his post after you quoted him, the change in his post wont be reflected in your quoted post so go look at your post again. So no, you did not prove anyone wrong as usual and yes your poor reading comprehension IS to blame.

Are you high or just not that bright? :hahaha:

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Trease is the Word said:

In the UK it varies. Lots of films open on a Wednesday. Some open on Monday or Tuesday if it's in holidays. For example Doctor Strange and Black Panther both opened on a Tuesday because it was in holidays. Ragnarok was midweek too I think, again released in half term holidays.

Outside of holidays, big Marvel films as well as the Star Wars films, they always open on Thursday. We have wednesday night previews but they're always after midnight because the cinemas are only allowed to show it on Thursday.

Thanks

Yeah Ragnarok released midweek in Germany too (To take advantage of 500 years Reformation day (31st Oct was a holiday everywhere in Germany and All Saints' day on 1st November (Only a holiday in the catholic South and the mid)

That does happen only really rarely though.

Same with the previews in germany (also if they start before 23:59 (normally they have 0:01 as starting time) they aren't part of the weekend)

15 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

And outside Europe, Japan is the most likely to have an OD outside Top 10. I am not sure about China. Apart from these 2 I think IW will have a top 10/top 3 or most likely the top OD when it comes to hollywood movie in most Asian, Latin American and African countries.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Oh god this is hilarious. His post was not edited. And even if he did edit his post after you quoted him, the change in his post wont be reflected in your quoted post so go look at your post again. So no, you did not prove anyone wrong as usual and yes your poor reading comprehension IS to blame.

Are you high or just not that bright? :hahaha:

Don't think it is my reading ability that should be questioned. Lighten up mate.

7 minutes ago, Trease is the Word said:

So I edited your own post where you quoted me?

You're in rare form today. :hahaha:

• Like 4

Seriously, people? Tree didn't like it (cause of course he didn't, but whatever), some of you adored it, just LET IT FUCKING GO. It's his opinion and he has all the right to dislike the movie. Whether he went in with an open mind or not, whether his opinion is minority or not... doesn't matter, it's an opinion about a movie and y'all should just respect it and move the fuck on.

It's not like the weekend isn't gonna be satisfying for any of you due to someone not enjoying it, cause IW is at least looking at one of the top 3 OW's of all time, with a chance to reach #1. Let it go.

• Like 1

Acceptance in human psychology is a person's assent to the reality of a situation, recognizing a process or condition (often a negative or uncomfortable situation) without attempting to change it or protest it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Seriously, people? Tree didn't like it (cause of course he didn't, but whatever), some of you adored it, just LET IT FUCKING GO. It's his opinion and he has all the right to dislike the movie. Whether he went in with an open mind or not, whether his opinion is minority or not... doesn't matter, it's an opinion about a movie and y'all should just respect it and move the fuck on.

It's not like the weekend isn't gonna be satisfying for any of you due to someone not enjoying it, cause IW is at least looking at one of the top 3 OW's of all time, with a chance to reach #1. Let it go.

If you pay attention we're not attacking anyone simply for having an unpopular opinion but for claiming said opinion is the consensus and reflects badly on legs.

Both are relevant to IW and box office.

Calm down, buddy! :insane:

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 3