CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Pretty decent, that's what the 7th best Monday hold in the MCU? Behind BP, Thor:TDW, GotG, SM:H, TIH and CA:TFA.

It's an amazing hold considering there was no holiday or summer weekday to soften the drop like all those others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Pretty sure there are no schools out nationwide. Even college/university are still mostly in session.

IIRC Deadline said it was something tiny like 3%.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I maybe missing something but why are no new films being released this weekend coming?

Because IW changed its release date very late in the game and nobody responded because 1.) they don’t want anything to do with IWs weekend 2 and 2.) it was too late to change. 

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Holiday, Absolute juggernaut, Summer, Summer, Summer, Summer. So I think this is actually on top of the list of most impressive Monday holds sans BP

Dunno if I'd call TDW an absolute juggernaut but I guess you could make the case

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

This locks 650m and would suggest the potential to 800m depending on how Deadpool/Solo affects

BP is gone as number one domestic I would say. $800M will be a real challenge. 

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Because IW changed its release date very late in the game and nobody responded because 1.) they don’t want anything to do with IWs weekend 2 and 2.) it was too late to change. 

that's really cheeky

5 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

At this point anything AM&TW makes is chump change for Marvel. 

AM&tW is critical for getting the 2018 MCU:   

A) one full Avengers1 over the 2017 MCU, WW   

B ) a domestic total above JW’s WW   

And potentially c) domestically above non-MCU Disney for the year and maybe every other studio

Edited by Thanos Legion