CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Wait someone attacked you for what? Tell me who it was so I can ban his ass into oblivion.

That would be me, and I didn't call him a pig, I brought up the fact that his argument lacked any cogency and implied that the current economic situation in his country would patently impact the educational systems. A point that seems to have gone over his head. 

The term 'PIIGS' has been used since 2008, and anyone who thinks that an economic grouping is somehow racist really needs to read into race discrimination. 

I abhor racism in all forms, rally against it when and where ever I see it, and find it sad that people have to use it as a last resort when their argument has failed. 

As for the economic situations in those countries, I feel a deep sympathy for them, thankfully they all (Greece being an edge case) are on the road recovery. 

I hope this explanation prevents an rash banning or libelous branding of me as a 'racist'. 

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

couldn't find it but did find my ticket to see Norbit on opening weekend so the day's still a win for me.

I didn't see The Dark Knight or Iron Man in theaters but I did see Meet Dave and Space Chimps in theaters

Edited by That Ambitious Guy

The first MCU movie I saw in theaters was The Avengers because I didn't care about most movies when I was 10-11 :lol: Haven't missed any in theaters since then, and most have been on OW except TDW and BP (they were still in the first ten days of release tho)

6 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

That would be me, and I didn't call him a pig, I brought up the fact that his argument lacked any cogency and implied that the current economic situation in his country would patently impact the educational systems. A point that seems to have gone over his head. 

The term 'PIIGS' has been used since 2008, and anyone who thinks that an economic grouping is somehow racist really needs to read into race discrimination. 

I abhor racism in all forms, rally against it when and where ever I see it, and find it sad that people have to use it as a last resort when their argument has failed. 

As for the economic situations in those countries, I feel a deep sympathy for them, thankfully they all (Greece being an edge case) are on the road recovery. 

I hope this explanation prevents an rash banning or libelous branding of me as a 'racist'. 

Define: irony.

Abhoring racism, than calling someone a pig. Lmao