aabattery

Monday Numbers - A:IW 24.74M

1 minute ago, PPZVGOS said:

Spider-Man 3 & DH2 were both atrocious films. AIW is the best MCU film to date and at least the 2nd best superhero film ever. That is why it will have much better legs than those 2. 

You will see. 

This is blasphemy. DH2 is amazing 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Spider-Man 3 & DH2 were both atrocious films. AIW is the best MCU film to date and at least the 2nd best superhero film ever. That is why it will have much better legs than those 2. 

You will see. 

DH2 atrocious? That's a bit much lol. The fandom loves that movie, it's just SO fan-driven and HP movies always had shit legs. Plus it's not really as fun as IW.

• Like 2

I think it is safe to say that everything I said about this movie pre-release was wrong.  I predicted a good opening weekend of 240 million, but not the record OW.

I said it would have a similar multiplier to sequels like AoU and Civil War.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be wrong on this as well.

This reminds me of 2012 when Avengers came out.  The WOM is strong, most people seem to be enjoying it and with the never been done before assembling of about 30 heroes from 7 different Marvel films, it looks the multiplier for this will be very strong.  I have no idea where it will land, but it is most certainly going to do way more than a 2.4X.  Is a three multiplier possible?  ABSOLUTELY!  will it get there?  No sure.  But it is looking like 700 is almost locked based on the Monday number,.  I know one day doesn't make anything certain, but to drop less than 65% on the first Monday when school and work is still an issue, is simply awesome.

I'm glad I was wrong and when you get your ass handed to you, the best thing to do is just admit it and move on.  

I was wrong about IW.  I see the error of my ways and will accept a vegan version of eating crow (sorry I don't eat meat anymore).

:sparta:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Empire said:

25M is a great number. 

I think it will do 27M today. So, like an 8% increase. 

If it follows Avengers, it will see a small drop.  I understand that Tuesday's are way bigger now than what they were in 2012, so maybe it will stay flat or see a very slight increase.  

Using Civil War, we're looking at about a 3% increase.

• Like 1

Mainstream media news cycle were reporting on Infinity War's record-breaking opening, which definitely will help increase awareness and interest even more among the GA. It wouldn't have gotten this much attention from the press if it had only opened #2 or #3 all-time.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

If it follows Avengers, it will see a small drop.  I understand that Tuesday's are way bigger now than what they were in 2012, so maybe it will stay flat or see a very slight increase.  

Using Civil War, we're looking at about a 3% increase.

You are more than likely right, but I just expect this to play out better like it has been so far. 

20 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

In matter of fact, I just went through the minor trouble of going through comparative numbers for the most relevant film (The Avengers, 2012) The percentage at which AIW is over-performing that film is increasing by the day. 

The conclusions are inevitable. 

thank you I'm convinced now!

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think it is safe to say that everything I said about this movie pre-release was wrong.  I predicted a good opening weekend of 240 million, but not the record OW.

I said it would have a similar multiplier to sequels like AoU and Civil War.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be wrong on this as well.

This reminds me of 2012 when Avengers came out.  The WOM is strong, most people seem to be enjoying it and with the never been done before assembling of about 30 heroes from 7 different Marvel films, it looks the multiplier for this will be very strong.  I have no idea where it will land, but it is most certainly going to do way more than a 2.4X.  Is a three multiplier possible?  ABSOLUTELY!  will it get there?  No sure.  But it is looking like 700 is almost locked based on the Monday number,.  I know one day doesn't make anything certain, but to drop less than 65% on the first Monday when school and work is still an issue, is simply awesome.

I'm glad I was wrong and when you get your ass handed to you, the best thing to do is just admit it and move on.  

I was wrong about IW.  I see the error of my ways and will accept a vegan version of eating crow (sorry I don't eat meat anymore).

So... 800m dom confirmed.

17 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

You will see. 

o.O hahaha. Don't know about that. Spidey 3 tho yes for sure.