aabattery

Monday Numbers - A:IW 24.74M

23 minutes ago, aabattery said:
2018 $1,020.2 +25.6% 226 $4.5 Avengers: Infinity War $282.4 27.7%

Infinity War put April past the 1B mark  for the first time.

Movie that contributed the most to April played in April for 4 days.    

Movie that contributed 6th most had been playing for 44 days already when April began.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Guys I don't think IW sold a single ticket today.

The Avengers had a 22.5x multiplier off its first Tuesday.      

If IW follows suit based off this figure, it will earn approximately an additional 0 dollars, for a domestic total of roughly 282M and a final opening weekend multiplier of about x1.095.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 6

WOM is great and movie is really rewatchable.

TUE 28M (12%)

WED 20M (-30%)

THU 18M (-10%)

FRI 39M (115%)

SAT 55M (40%)

SUN 35M (-35%)

2nd weekend - 129M

10day cume - 477M

Easily more than AOU DOM in 10 days.

15 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

The Avengers had a 22.5x multiplier off its first Tuesday.      

If IW follows suit based off this figure, it will earn approximately an additional 0 dollars, for a domestic total of roughly 282M and a final opening weekend multiplier of about x1.095.

To add some actual content based off this stat, let’s suppose that IW stays about flat for a 25M Tuesday. Then with a similar Tuesday multiplier as Avengers it would make an additional 562.5M, for a total of... 845 :ph34r:

I just did the math and if it stays slightly above Avengers' drops until the fourth Thursday (when Deadpool 2 hits), it'll be at ~600 million. Will it be able to keep going well over a hundred million after the 1-2 combo of DP2 and Solo? 

Just checked the 2012 summer slate... Avengers had pretty much shit all for heavy hitting competition until July, everything opened sub-70 million. I am starting to wonder if the packed summer this year will pose a problem for crossing 700 million.

Edited by Mekanos

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

The farther we can push TFA away from Avatar the better, eh?   :P 

Marvel's more honest about what it is, I have to respect that.

44 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I just did the math and if it stays slightly above Avengers' drops until the fourth Thursday (when Deadpool 2 hits), it'll be at ~600 million. Will it be able to keep going well over a hundred million after the 1-2 combo of DP2 and Solo? 

Just checked the 2012 summer slate... Avengers had pretty much shit all for heavy hitting competition until July, everything opened sub-70 million. I am starting to wonder if the packed summer this year will pose a problem for crossing 700 million.

Even if it doesn't cross 700M, the fact that Marvel is gonna have 2 600M+ releases back to back in the same year is just an insane feat on its own. Let alone any studio ever doing it (closest to that must've been Disney last year with TLJ over 600 and then BATB just over 500), no franchise has ever dreamed of pulling off something of that kind. This has gotta rank up there with the likes of Harry Potter as one of the most impressive franchises in BO history.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

btw, Marvel will catch  Wizarding World's (not Harry Potter series) series average result (853,7 mln) in May. 

Middle Earth (LOTR and Hobbit) still №1 (974,5 mln).

How’s that Phase 3 average looking?

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Movie that contributed the most to April played in April for 4 days.    

Movie that contributed 6th most had been playing for 44 days already when April began.

yeah safe to say April was a bit dead. A Quiet Place was the only notable performance