Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

20 hours ago, filmlover said:

I remember reading at the end of that year it was definitely a money-loser, even if it wasn't a substantial one.

And a lot of the time making a profit is not enough to get a sequel greenlit. Things like return on investment and how the public reacted to the fi;m come into play. Often a studio thinks; "Well, we got away with it this time,but we had better not push our luck".

17 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Fury Road is a masterpiece but seeing people act like it was a huge hit is bizarre. It clearly was not.

Loved Fury Road, but I think a sequel is very unlikely. it was NOT a finiancal success, and in a best case scenario it make only a small profit in relation to the huge amount spent on it.

Someone mentioned Blu Ray sales. Blu Ray sales are not nearly as big a deal as they were a decade ago. They are not as big a factor in making a decision as to makng a sequel as they were a decade ago.

I think the reason why people act like it was a huge hit is wishful hoping there will be a sequel.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, Chewy said:

Honestly it looks like most of it is Hardy yelling at himself and running through walls. Not sure why it would be over 100M

And we have no idea of how the General Audience will react to this movie. This thread is not very reliable for that it is so heavily dominated by the fans, and they often overestimate a film's appeal to the G.A.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And we have no idea of how the General Audience will react to this movie. This thread is not very reliable for that it is so heavily dominated by the fans, and they often overestimate a film's appeal to the G.A.

im talking about the budget

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Fury Road only didn't make a profit because of the ridiculous budget. In terms of raw money it did amazing for a sequel to a cult film series

And the lesson of this and the Blade Runner sequel is don't give big budgets to sequels to cult films, no matter how popular the cult.

37 minutes ago, John Marston said:

wouldn't be surprised at all that, if the movie is indeed part of the MCU, the post credits scene is Peter arriving to work at the Daily Bugle and meeting Brock

I really can't picture Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock and Tom Holland's Peter Parker in the same universe. It just feels.....way off.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I really can't picture Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock and Tom Holland's Peter Parker I'm the same universe. It just feels.....way off.

That would feel like the beginning of a meme... from Spiderman's "How are you sir?" to Venom's "Your daughter calls me daddy too."

On 5/9/2018 at 4:36 PM, MovieMan89 said:

Nothing about this so far looks like something Feige would come anywhere near. Will be shocked if it really is positioned in the MCU. 

This film is NOT apart of the MCU, if it were Sony and Disney would say so. Furthermore Feige would have been involved creatively just like how he was with Spider-Man: Homcoming and he wasn't.

On 5/10/2018 at 8:36 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

This film is NOT apart of the MCU, if it were Sony and Disney would say so. Furthermore Feige would have been involved creatively just like how he was with Spider-Man: Homcoming and he wasn't.

Also take note of the fact it says "In association with Marvel". Looks like Feige wants to make sure people know he has nothing to do with it. Hell, they did the same thing with Into The Spider-Verse, but haven't with any of the Fox films.

http://collider.com/woody-harrelson-interview-lost-in-london/#venom-movie

HARRELSON: Roll of the dice, because I’m just … I’m in a little fraction of this movie, but I’ll be in the next one, you know? So I haven’t read that script, but anyways, just rolled the dice.

Are you allowed to say who you play in the movie, or is that under wraps?

HARRELSON: I thought it was under wraps that I’m even in the movie.

It’s out there that you’re in the movie. I just don’t know who you play in the film. I don’t want to get you in trouble, you know what I mean?

HARRELSON: Oh, in that case, we better hold off.

:Venom: :Venom: :Venom: :Venom: :Venom: 

• Astonished 1